Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

ChukchiDog
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Plots

Post by ChukchiDog »

Hi, All,

I was trying to think how I could work on being more involved and helpful to the game, and one way I thought of would be to try to keep aware of the plots that are going on, and try to be more active in working on them.

So to that end, I'm trying to think of all the plots currently happening in the game, and plots that have been put on the "back burner" but haven't been finished. Would it be possible for the DMs to say whether they intend to pick up those plots or not, so I can cross dead ones off the list, and would anyone, DMs or players, add plots I have forgotten about or don't know about?

If this isn't okay to talk about, let me know and I'll shut up, too. Not trying to give anything away! And "Lapsed" doesn't mean it's the DM's fault; I want to do better myself and not let things lapse that I should be working on, hence this list!

Updated plot list:

Gypsies-Shannen. Active.

Strongman-Zombie. Active.

Alien Rats-Nastr0nd. Active.

Fire Wine-Nastr0nd. Active.

Sweetly's Stuff-Nastr0nd. Active

Unit 14-Nastr0nd. Mostly finished.

Water-CD. Active.

Yari's Cave-Arkon. Reactivated.

Nasty Accident-Zombie. Active.

Bodor's Spear-Zombie. Dormant but ready to spring into life at a moment's notice when the right circumstances come along?

Dark Druids-CD. Finished, but with possible reprecussions later?

Raizalee-Zombie. Mostly finished, but needs follow-up.

Despot-P0M. Not sure if this is completely over or not, though I think it mostly is?

Island Monster-Dune. Either finished, or wrap-up pending.

Legebreiwyn's Murder-Psye. Active.

Miana's Atonement-Psye. Pending.

Ice Palace-?

If possible, I'd like to keep this updated, and transfer finished plots to another post which can be referred to if people want to recall what happened when in order to write about it for IG books or the museum.

Basically, DMs, how can I as a player help you guys have fun too? I want to try to do better about keeping track of plots, investigating, answering and sending PMs, and involving other players. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks!
Last edited by ChukchiDog on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gildan: "I'm not as good as I once was, but i'm as good once as I ever was."

"I'm stubborn as those garbage bags that time cannot decay; I'm junk, but I'm still holding up this little wild bouquet." -Leonard Cohen, "Democracy"
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

The Dark Druids were mine, and that part of the plot was finished. Why they suddenly disappeared was a question no one ever pursued.
NWDuneAuron
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Island Monster-Dune. Lapsed.
Yeah this basically died a horrible death for a variety of reasons, there are three things that could happen with it at some point:

1, I just hand out loot randomly one day for your involvement
2, I run one final event to tie up loose strands
3, I resurrect it and run the last couple of events I had planned. This is less likely because I lost my notes for it with my last computer.
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Legebreiwyn's murder is still active and will continue now my laptop's working again and as and when I can get online. It's not time restrained though due to its nature.

Miana's atonement will continue once her player's back from dropping her sprog and other RL matters.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Here are my unfinished plots:

Strongman- Active.

Raizalee- Lapsed. Edit: Actually no, this reached a possible resolution. So it is finished but I guess there is more to do.

Nasty Accident- Active.

Bodors Spear- Active kinda.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Nastr0nd
Major DM

Post by Nastr0nd »

My current plots are...

Alien Rats : active but it does require people to spend less time hanging around in rooms and to be out more. It's going nowhere if everyone stays inside.

Unit 14 : Pretty much done but needs Unit 14 placing permanently.

Sweetly's Stuff: Needs time with the players involved. Still ongoing.

Fire Wine : Needs time with with players involved. Still ongoing.
Shannen
Major DM

Post by Shannen »

I have several individual plots going on, which I won't list. If any of you need me, pm me please. :) I'm starting to get more game time.

Re my Gypsy plot, trying to get people together at one time is just awful!!!!!!!!!!! Like, swear-word awful! Making me crazy. :P
Last edited by Shannen on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General DM AVAILABILITY - I'm starting to look for trouble... (11/25/18)
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

:P

Yeah my time zone isnt helpful.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Ooooo Yari isn't done yet?! SWEET! I'll get on that one very soon.
JD Smith

Post by JD Smith »

There was aslo that thing about the Ice Palace being uncovered from the mountainous regions of Ice Palace ...
A.N. Imus: Simon Colin Bernard
Victoria DeVitale: thankya
Victoria DeVitale: I need something shorter
Victoria DeVitale: Sim?
ChukchiDog

Post by ChukchiDog »

THANK YOU, everyone, for the helpful answers!

I forgot Gallicus! Either Arkon or CD?

From this, I'll try and compile a list for myself of the plots my characters are involved in (I try not to have them both involved in the same plots, to the extent that I can), and then I'll try to think of ways my characters can help further them.

Except when RL intervenes, I will have Gildan IG on Saturdays from noon till at least 4 EST (longer as needed), for the Defenders meetings. I will have him at the Defenders Hall from 1 to 2 at least, to give people time to show up. Everyone can count on that.

Except when RL intervenes, I will have Lexy IG on Thursdays from 7 to at least 11 EST (longer as needed), for the Psion meetings/lessons. I will have him at the Tower of Iron Will from 8 to 9 at least, to give people time to show up. Everyone can count on that.

Now, points in order:

"Why they suddenly disappeared was a question no one ever pursued."

I think this is because the players often have no way of telling the difference between IC sudden disappearances and OOC plots being put on hold for RL reasons, which happens a lot in games. When plots just stop I tend to assume the DM has done it deliberately, and since I'm shy and hate to bug DMs I am hesitant to push in such situations. I am also hesitant to step on toes by ICly commenting or reacting to something that looks one way ICly but perhaps isn't meant to look that way, and only does because RL got in the way. I'll try to be more pushy, but I'm not good at it. :)

I'm cool with whatever you decide on the Island Monster, Dune. I think of the three I prefer option two, one final event, because that might help to get players back and doing.

Zombie, I'll ICly get cracking on Raizalee and your other stuff.

Nastr0nd, I'll try to have my characters "out and about" more so that they can be found and messed with, and I am available pretty much anytime for the Fire Wine; just ping or PM me with the time and I can probably be there.

Shannen, I don't need to know personal plots; just trying to get a handle on what the bigger ones are. :)

Perhaps to help the problem of not being able to find/catch people online, a time can be OOCly set up, and you can ask the players you need to be online at that time. I think announced event times help a lot, even if it's just "this is when you can expect me to be around to DM", like Zombie.

I'll edit my post to reflect these changes. Thank you all so much!

"I'm stubborn as those garbage bags that time cannot decay; I'm junk, but I'm still holding up this little wild bouquet." -Leonard Cohen, "Democracy"
ChukchiDog

Post by ChukchiDog »

Hi,

Is the Gallicus plot still active? Whose is it? What about the rest of the Six; did they go away? I seem to recall they did, but not sure.

Thanks!

silverdragonams
Head DM

Gallicus is my NPC. The main point of that plot ended with the Festival in Nagritch, but the NPC is still around.
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

silverdragonams wrote:The Dark Druids were mine, and that part of the plot was finished. Why they suddenly disappeared was a question no one ever pursued.
Nerice tried quite a long time without any success. She still has some theories, but by now she's given up on their importance until something comes up IC to prompt another try. ..same with Gallicus.

There is also one "six" that I never heard anything move on at all. I don't know if that was because there wasn't anything, or if Nerice wasn't a part of any of that particular story.

Basically, for all of the above, both IC and OOC I'm not planing on doing anything further unless brought into it IC by a DM. I've moved on to other fun stuff instead. 8)
silverdragonams
Head DM

Nerice wasn't a part of any of that particular story.
This is likely the case.

As for the druids, they were A. hired help and B. mostly undead (which you should have been able to figure out). Being druids, their connections with the powers of both life and death kept them from going pop like most undead on Ysgard. The plan to destroy Nagritch failed, the Gods returned to Hala, and tightened their hold on divine magics, including druidic powers....
ChukchiDog

Post by ChukchiDog »

Original post edited to reflect comments.