Voice sets oddness

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Moonyju
Minor DM

Voice sets oddness

Post by Moonyju »

Hiyas!

Ok... so... I can't figure this one out.
When on my PC, I can hear Yana's voice set just fine.
But when I play on the laptop, I can't hear it. I see her lines in the chat, but I don't hear them.

Computer sounds are on and up fairly high when I tested just a few minutes ago. Game sound settings are on too, and to test, I muted sound fx and music, set voices at 100% and cranked my laptop volume up. Nothing.

Now, unless I'm completely off track (and I could be), since I can -see- the lines, I don't think it's a hak issue.

Also, I just did some more testing with other PCs. Jalya, Avlis main, has a standard set. I created her the night I installed the game, when I didn't know anything about them fancy override things. ;) And I can see her lines, but I can't hear them. Same thing for Molga, Arkaz PC.

Game settings on the laptop are currently thus:
Enable Hardware Sound box checked
and 2 speakers box checked.

Under advanced settings, the "DirectSound 3D Hardware Support" is selected.

This is not uberly important, it's just very odd. And it bugs me and I can't figure it out! Any thoughts? Ideas?

Next time I'm IG, I'll see if I can hear other PCs' voicesets. I never noticed.

Thanks for your insight!
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Ok... so... friend and I loaded up a standard Bio server with the local standard characters... and it didn't work. And we found out that I didn't even have sound effects. Couldn't hear people/animals walking or wings flapping... casting/ shape shifting sounds didn't work either, as well as the above-stated voice issues.

So after much trials and puzzlement... I switched my Advanced Sound Settings to "DirectSound3D Software Emulation" and now it all works FINE! So far anyway.

YIPPY! =D
BPanther
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by BPanther »

Glad you got it working :)
<@HumbugCause> Lir's in and out more than a red light girl's regular :P
<@CoffeeDragon> Sorry Lir, I traded you to Zombie this morning for 2 cookies and a collectible digipokimonster card.