equipped items duped

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

speedracer
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

equipped items duped

Post by speedracer »

I'm not sure when because My inventory is full of a bunch of low level items, but all my equipped items seem to have duped. I don't think the rest of my inventory did, because I have a lot of single items, but I know I didn't pick up an extra +1 full plate, +1 greatsword, or ring of muscle. It looks like I have one extra of every item I had equipped.

Should I just trash the stuff?
LadyPhoenix77
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

Investigating.
speedracer

Post by speedracer »

Had the same bug happen again. close to same area. died when last on thursday or friday night. recovered inventory, but body did not disapear. logged in just now and aquired/lost a whole bunch of items, some of which I gained but did not lose. trashing extra items now. took screenies if you want them.
speedracer

Post by speedracer »

Happened again today!! I seem to be a chronic victim of this bug. Not server hopping. happens when I died the last time I played. doesn't dupe anything from my bags, just all my equipped items and some of my other inventory.

I died again tonight, so may happen again when I next log in.
twohorn

Post by twohorn »

I encountered the same issue twice so far, noticeably only equipped items are duplicated (except for plot gears). I have trashed the duplicates.

Both times happened after I died previously and corpse did not disappeared after all items have been loaded back into my inventory.
When I log in a day or 2 later (both times appeared in starting area, server must have had a reset), the system message started to show things received and things lost. I can only assume that's the anti-dupe script kicking in, either that or those items are dropped onto the ground due to limited inventory space.

Will remember to take a screenshot next time =)
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Are you certain you are ending up in the start area as a result of a server reset (does not normally occur), or the result of an inadvertent server hop from ysgard to hala or vice versa?
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Now you mention it, Fingers visited Ysgard from Avlis for the second time a couple days ago, and got messages about items being gained/being lost; didn't know what to make of it. I'm pretty sure that none of his equipped items were duplicated. He'd died on his previous visit; don't remember if the corpse disappeared or not.

Don't know if it's related, but last time Egil visited Avlis, I noticed after returning that some of his stuff (a bunch of power stones at least) had inexplicably disappeared; have no idea at what point, though, as I didn't notice any server messsages about it.
twohorn

Post by twohorn »

Arkon wrote:Are you certain you are ending up in the start area as a result of a server reset (does not normally occur), or the result of an inadvertent server hop from ysgard to hala or vice versa?
Sorry, you're right, I ended up at the start area due to server hop :D It didn't cross my mind earlier haha :D