me, myself, and I

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

ambrosia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

me, myself, and I

Post by ambrosia »

Just in case anybody was wondering where I went: I got home from a wonderful Christmas with Gray, my dad, his wife, my grandparents, and several other assorted relatives to find my should-have-been-rest-of-the-week-off vacation torn asunder by my co-workers' brains falling out of their heads and deciding to goof-off instead of work.

As such, my vacation was canceled as I was required to go back to work and wrangle cats in order to salvage a near disastrous week of client appointments for our boss. (I get an extra week's vacation for later, yay!) Several reprimands and one near firing later, I'm a happier camper..particularly as everyone found out the hard way I meant what I said when I told them nobody could go home this week until everything was caught up and back on track. :twisted:

(But my stuff is done, I don't get to go home?" "Nope. Go help so-and-so if they aren't done yet. We're a team, remember?")

Everyone has been so helpful and cooperative with each other this week. :twisted:

Anyway, I have several new projects I'm the team lead on and I need to ensure they are all completed before school starts back up on the 18th so I won't go (completely) batty.... as such, my absence from game will probably continue to be be more absent then present for the time being.

If anybody needs me, feel free to send me a PM. I'll check in as I can over the weekends. 8)
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Holy Batman's Mother... talk about a harsh return to reality!

Sorry to hear about your coworkers being so childish!

*squeezies!* hang in there! We'll be there when you can have your own time back... and yay for extra vacation!
Shannen
Major DM

Post by Shannen »

Luck, Amby!
:)
General DM AVAILABILITY - I'm starting to look for trouble... (11/25/18)
davicurtistaggart
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by davicurtistaggart »

need a +5 whip of co-worker control? :) sorry to hear of the mess and hope the vacation-to-be is well worth it!good luck and hope to see you soon. :)
ambrosia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by ambrosia »

Things went miraculously well at work today!

Rather then the firestorm I was bracing for, the day started off with a very surprising board meeting! Apparently my being gone all week last week being sick, and not checking in or 'fixing things from afar' allowed things to crash (as I warned/predicted) again! While this was not good in the short term, I was told at the board meeting today that my recommended staff changes/rearranging (from Christmas) are going to be implemented, starting with the firing of the gal who was the almost fire from my first post. (they were basically given two tasks this week; neither of them were done due to 'lack of time,' but they did manage to spend 4.23 hours a day shopping....)

And the second (and main) problem child - the son of one of the owners, has been 'thanked' for all his "contributions" to our office and has been politely informed we'll ask him for his help in the future "when something comes up in your area of expertise" and, as we "currently do not need" him in our office, he is now 'free' to continue to 'focus on leading' his office. So he's out of my hair on all projects =-D

Things were so miraculously surprising, I took a leap and I said that all of the compliance regs that I've been tasked with (from above) plus ensuring both offices and all the offices we supervise properly implement and enforce them all, is a full time job and I can't do that full time job plus the full time job (or two) I already do - at least not well.

And, as we're talking two full time jobs, I don't want to be Chief Compliance Officer anymore.

I told them I deeply wanted to get back on the planning team and I want to have direct input again on the client service team, because otherwise I'm truly miserable and I'm really tired of being miserable.

I said that I am no longer doing well in a job where I have to play compliance Natzi for most of my day, and I want to get back to doing a job that is about caring and serving people, and leading valuable team members to success - not put them down for being out of line for misfiling a form.

and

the board agreed!! My bosses thanked me for 'giving them the opportunity to understand what I need to continue to be a valuable leader' in the company!

*dances*

So!! We're going to hire a compliance officer to work out of the other office and I'm going to move to a much more positive team leadership position!

It will mean a few more weeks of "ahhhhh" while we're rearranging - but it will be SO worth it! And this type of stuff I don't mind at all - as in, juggling a bunch of stuff on the short term for a goal I am working toward that I agree with! :D
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

*cheers loudly and tosses confetti and grabs Amby's hands for a happy dance!*

Glad things are falling back to where they belong!
Way to go, girl! =D

*SQUEEZIES!*
davicurtistaggart

Post by davicurtistaggart »

yay!***picturing bouncing wemic in celebration***
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

WOO-HOO! :D :D :D
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Rali'vinee
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Rali'vinee »

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
[i][b]Arkon: "[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Rali%27vinee_Ish%27tarestacia][color=#00BF00]Rali'vinee[/color][/url] is at the same time, the most lovable character I've ever come across, and the singularly most infuriating."[/b][/i]
sinn

Post by sinn »

cool! RIght on! Glad things worked out for ya!
[i]"Zee cabbage does not run away from zee corn-beef."[/i]