A little security reminder....

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

silverdragonams
Head DM

A little security reminder....

Post by silverdragonams »

Hey y'all,

Someone tried to access my Facebook account this morning. Fortunately, I was on the site at the time and Facebook realized I'm probably not logged in twice from both sides of the country, so locked my account down and sent me an alert. It was pretty impressive really.

Anyway...I have this sneaking suspicion it's related to the Bioware site hak that happened a few months back. Why? I think FB is about the only place that may have still shared a password with Bioware (I know, bad SD! Bad! I forgot to change it.)

So, I thought I'd share this as a reminder that these things don't just go away. If you're forgetful like me, and haven't updated your passwords in a while, now is a good time to do it.
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Could be, though this also happens sometimes if you log into facebook from your mobile phone. Because the phones tend to bounce on networks it comes up wierd. I've tested it and had it tell me that my account was logged in from the UK when it was actually logged in from my living room from my cell phone at that time lol.

Always better to be safe than sorry. I changed my password after it happened anyone just because i'm paranoid like that.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!