Got a question for you guys...

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Would you make an alt for a long-term DM quest?

Hell Yes! Free, Regular, properly Lubricated DM Lurve?! Yeah!
68%
Erm... depend on the quest I guess. No more invincible chickens, please...
28%
Bah, screw you Micah. I've spent the past two weeks/months/years PGing, and want nothing to do with being a lowbie.
4%

Total votes: 25

Kat J
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Kat J »

Thats another issue that needs to be rectified. Currently, Psions get away without any experience penality which most of them ~should~ have simply because Psion is classed as a PrC rather than a normal class.
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Could we please not turn this into another 'lets nerf psions for all they're worth' argument and keep it as Micah originally intended....

Any more news as you decide on things will be heartily welcomed too... definitely looking to be apart of this if at all possible :D
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

I would love to step away from my main character and work on a totally different alt.
Also I've come up with a fantastically overpowered character idea that doesn't even use any prestige classes! mwahaha.
If this is only going to be about leveling up our characters and seeing how powerful they can become i'll have to pass.

If it's about role playing than count me in.
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Anniko
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Anniko »

Kat J wrote:Thats another issue that needs to be rectified. Currently, Psions get away without any experience penality which most of them ~should~ have simply because Psion is classed as a PrC rather than a normal class.
Psion is meant to be a base class, so no XP penalty if the person just wants psion levels
Ammenti Ril
Celestial Order, Phoenix Guards, Plane of Ysgard
Kevin5656
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Kevin5656 »

I NEED to get away from Cirathar so I would love to make a new character to play with in your event so count me in.
"My kitchen was infested with Koala bears... it was the cutest infestation EVER...."
Enverex

Post by Enverex »

Anniko wrote:
Kat J wrote:Thats another issue that needs to be rectified. Currently, Psions get away without any experience penality which most of them ~should~ have simply because Psion is classed as a PrC rather than a normal class.
Psion is meant to be a base class, so no XP penalty if the person just wants psion levels
Considering I've not seen anyone with only one level of Psion past level 5 or so, this is quite rare...
Gairus

Post by Gairus »

Eh? I don't know of any who stopped at 5 so our observations differ.

Unless you mean the high level and epic people who've taken it late and take forever to level?

Anyway, it's certainly not true of all the psions you've met, since you met my psion with 1 fighter level and 11 or so psion ones ;)[/quote]
The joy of IRC.
<Tholotron_praying> I came back from fighting rightious warfare to see Aiq using TK to play with Doss's balls? :/
cpampine
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by cpampine »

what sort of metagaming cheesiness would a character gain by taking five levels as a Psionicist?
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

On Avlis... clone...
Enverex

Post by Enverex »

Gah, you've got me the wrong way around, I mean I haven't seen many people who are below level 5, that only have 1 level in the class OTHER than Psion (i.e. 4 Psion, 2 fighter or 8 Psion, 3 Cleric, etc).
Gairus

Post by Gairus »

A minority of PCs single class on CoPaP in general. This is not class specifici.
The joy of IRC.
<Tholotron_praying> I came back from fighting rightious warfare to see Aiq using TK to play with Doss's balls? :/
Enverex

Post by Enverex »

Gairus wrote:A minority of PCs single class on CoPaP in general. This is not class specifici.
I understand that, but the fact that there is no exp penality still stands :)
Gairus

Post by Gairus »

if there was a penalty then we would almost ahve ot multiclass, as being a pure psion would have the penalty unless you are human/half elf :(
The joy of IRC.
Enverex

Post by Enverex »

Gairus wrote:if there was a penalty then we would almost ahve ot multiclass, as being a pure psion would have the penalty unless you are human/half elf :(
A check could be done via scripting that checked to see if the person had more than 1 level in another class other than Psion (and excluding ECL levels).
NWDuneAuron
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Since when was this thread about psions? I thought it was about Micah offering everyone free, safe DM lurve?
Grimm

Post by Grimm »

this is Hala, no such thing as "SAFE" DM love... :D
micah ormane
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by micah ormane »

Especially with me.

*Yoink*
Starslayer_D
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Starslayer_D »

Hell, yes.. what levels are we talking about? Start at lvl 1?