Summoning Problems for Kolyrauts - hopefully fixed

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Summoning Problems for Kolyrauts - hopefully fixed

Post by _JM_ »

Type of Bug/Exploit. Spell Problem
Area of Bug Exploit (be as specific as possible). Basement of Tower of the Maker
NPCs involved (Be as specific as possible). Kolyraut Golems
Chests involved. None
Timestamp on when it happened. 23rd January ca 03:30 GMT
Frequency of occurrence. Each time they tried.

Jayem, Garthond, Alexis, and Egil went to the Tower of the Maker and we found the attempts by the Kolyrauts to summon aid were not working. Last time Jayem was there they were happily summoning other Golems (Marut Guardians I think, the ones with the shields on their arms). Gate was not working for them and I think I noticed them trying to use Planar Ally spells as well and that not working either.

This seems connected to the Arkaz spellhooking as Gate was also borked for Garthond and probably Jayem. When Jayem tried it he got a Balor rather than the same sort of Golem as the Kolyrauts used to get. This was possibly because I’d not set what sort of thing he should summon since the spellhooking update. Garthond did use the menu to set what he should get but rather than a ‘pretty lady’ (Archon) he got a naked male Dwarf.

I’m going to test Gate now with the different options.

EDIT: I say connected to the Arkaz spellhooking as Gate used to just give whatever the script thought appropriate for your character, but now we have the same menu to choose from as Arkaz has.
mhogar
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by mhogar »

looking into it
galen_macbyrne

Post by galen_macbyrne »

Note that Garthond also got the same naked CE dwarf barbarian with 1 hp, no skills and no feats, when I tried a Summon Creature IX (had selected to Elder Fire Elemental) and when I tried Epic Spell - Dragon Knight (had selected Silver). The (Dragon Knight) dwarf summons stays around for much longer than the dragon would, and is not attacked physically by the Elemental trolls, though it does attract them ("Look! Dwarf with no metal skin!"), and the elemental damage radius will kill it if it attracts one of those - otherwise they stand around gawking.
mhogar

Post by mhogar »

i think i fixed it .. go and test it