Gate mostly broken - in progress

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Gate mostly broken - in progress

Post by _JM_ »

Type of Bug/Exploit. Gate
Area of Bug Exploit (be as specific as possible). Tested just outside the Tower of Iron Will on Ysgard
NPCs involved (Be as specific as possible). None
Chests involved. None
Timestamp on when it happened. 24th January ca 00:45-00:50 GMT
Frequency of occurrence. Nine times, once per alignment.

Balor works.

Using the Arkaz-esque menu I worked my way through the nine options and began to wonder whether I needed to try all nine as the results were identical in each case. Or rather identical in the first eight, the final one did work.

For Archon(LG), Lupinal (NG), Hawk Guardian (CG), Formian Warrior (LN), Adamantine Golem (TN), White Slaad (CN), Devil (LE), and Ultroloth (NE) the following happened. There was yellow text to say that creature selected and then when Gate was cast rock fingers erupted from the ground and a shaft of light appeared in the middle of them. This dramatic effect cleared in each case to reveal a naked nameless Dwarf male.

With the Balor (CE) the yellow text that appeared said “Demon selected” (not “Balor selected”). Casting Gate produced the rock fingers but in the middle of them fire (rather than a shaft of light) appeared and then this revealed a Balor rather than a naked nameless Dwarf male.
mhogar
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by mhogar »

looking into it
mhogar

Post by mhogar »

i think i fixed it .. go and test it
_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by _JM_ »

Archon, Lupinal, Hawk Guardian, Formian, Adamantine Golem, and White Slaad all just worked with their slight differences in the summoning VFX.

Thank you.
galen_macbyrne

Post by galen_macbyrne »

Hmm...I tried with my mage PC Arglebargle (17th Wizard), Gate isn't working right again....Am able to Gate in Lesser White Slaad, Summoned Lesser Archon, Summoned Lesser Lupinal, Summoned Lesser Balor, Summoned Lesser Pit Fiend, Summoned Lesser Hawk Guardian, and Summoned Greater Formian Warrior (Myrmarch), but the Ultroloth and Adamantine Golem choices produce the nameless naked barbarian dwarf again. A problem with the lesser versions?
Starslayer_D
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Starslayer_D »

Did you set your preferences in the rest menu?
galen_macbyrne

Post by galen_macbyrne »

Not sure what you mean by rest menu. I select 9:00 on the radial menu, then 12:00 (crafting), then on the menu there select special funtions, then Summons or Gate, and select the Gated planar summons. If I had more than one casting memorized, unsummon, reselect new planar, recast. Then rest, repeat. Next time I log in, tried the other summonses.
mhogar

Post by mhogar »

Something to look at
badjabadjabadja
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by badjabadjabadja »

I can confirm that the lesser versions of Ultroloth and Adamantine Golem are broken.

(sorc lvl 18)

I didn't check all the other versions, but as per Galen's report, the rest seem to work as expected.