On Disrespecting DMs

All players are expected to read all rules posted in this Forum. Ignorance is not an excuse for violation of Server Rules

Moderator: Top Team

Arkon
World Leader

On Disrespecting DMs

Post by Arkon »

Alrighty folks.. this is one I never thought I would have to write.

DMs are volunteers. They do not get paid for what they do. They give up their time and their own characters in some cases to make the game more fun for you.

RESPECT THEM AT ALL TIMES!!!

If you do not agree with them, or you think they are not treating you fairly... email me and I will deal with it. Drakkarus@gmail.com

If you decide you want to be disrespectful, curse at them, lie to them, etc... you will be severely dealt with.

Due to the actions of a few people, this rule is now being strictly enforced.

Punishments you can expect for Blatantly disrespecting one of my DMs (all these punishments are subject to my approval via logs of conversations that my DMs are ordered to keep)

Vault Jailing for 2 weeks. This can be reduced by the direction of the offended DM.

Ban. If the situation warrents it (ie you are a repeat offender, you don't know when to stop, etc) you can and will be banned.

I expect my DMs to treat each and every player with respect, and I expect our players to do the same for our DMs.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Along similar lines to the above - if a DM desides to add flavour to a plotline or environment - then this should be treated as such.

If a DM running an event tells you that the sky is flourescent pink, then it is.
If a DM running an event tells you that pigs can fly, enough monkeys, given enough time, would, in fact write the full literary works of Shakespeare and that contrary to popular belief, very small rocks ~do~ float - then for the purposes of the event, these things are true.

Remember folks, while we may have the Aesir and various other aspects of numerous mythologies, this is not the exact same setting and everything (from a DM perspective) is open to poetic license within reason. It is a fantasy setting afterall.

Arguing with a DM while they are trying to run an event and having to spread their attention across considerably more than just you and your (or what you believe to be) infinite knowledge or unquestionable logic, serves only to disrupt events, annoy the DM and other players involved as well as, in the worst circumstances, get you added to that DM's ignore list. This means that regardless of how much you may believe you deserve to be involved in future plots that DM runs, they will simply find a way to make sure you are elsewhere.

Now, this doesn't mean that you can't send a quick comment to the DM channel or a tell to the DM expressing your concerns, but as soon as they give you an answer, that is the end of the discussion until at least the end of the event, at which point, if you ~both~ choose to, the conversation can be continued when the enjoyment of everyone else is NOT being jeopardised.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

*bump*
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
demonlady
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Re: On Disrespecting DMs

Post by demonlady »

*bump*
"If I had been a cat, curiosity would have killed me a long time ago."