Racial Ability Bug

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

shentaoba
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Racial Ability Bug

Post by shentaoba »

Type of Bug:
Racial skill removed after resting. Also enchanted armor & shields not working with Racial abilites operating (gives the stacking error)

Area of Bug Exploit (be as specific as possible) : N/A

NPCs involved (Be as specific as possible) : N/A

Chests involved : N/A

Timestamp on when it happened : N/A

Frequency of occurance: Every session

Hello and thank you in advance for reviewing this! I have a PC githzerai (Selix the Wanderer) that both of these issues occur to. If my racial abilites are operational, neither my +1 studded leather or shield gives me my bonus. Also, sometimes...when I get disabled or rest, my abilities leave totally. Also, I have tried to use the racial ability 'Shatter' but it doesnt seem to work as it did in PnP...just how IS this ability supposed to work? Other than that, EXCELLENT build and I know you will get to these issues when you can :)
[color=red]The Eternal Tao is many paths to the same goal....[/color]
wyldhunt

Post by wyldhunt »

<Opens the script>
The Githzerai Inertial armor power is +2 armor AC bonus and +2 shield AC bonus. This is not a stackable bonus. No clue what the canon on this is, but that is how it is set up right now. So, no actual bug there unless the team decides to change it.

As far as losing powers when you rest, the only race that doesn't occasionaly lose powers on rest or death are drow and races who have no powers on their hides. It is a known bug. Soon to be fixed.
wyldhunt

Re: Racial Ability Bug

Post by wyldhunt »

shentaoba wrote:Also, I have tried to use the racial ability 'Shatter' but it doesnt seem to work as it did in PnP...just how IS this ability supposed to work?
Acording to the script, you target a small area, and it creates a very high pitched noise loud enough to fracture glass and fragile objects.
The IG result is 1 point of sonic damage to any non plot placeable object in a small radius.

If you can't target a chest and damage the chest, then it is broken.
shentaoba

Post by shentaoba »

wyldhunt wrote:<Opens the script>
The Githzerai Inertial armor power is +2 armor AC bonus and +2 shield AC bonus. This is not a stackable bonus. No clue what the canon on this is, but that is how it is set up right now. So, no actual bug there unless the team decides to change it.
No what I meant here was the 'inherent' inertial armor is a castable IG 3/day. And i do not have my daze 3/day ability at all. I put on a spell resistance item to test if the spell resist was stackable...since the resistance is inerent to the race...it was not. Please see below:

Stats: +4 Dex, +2 Wis, -2 Int. Darkvision. Daze (3/day), Feather fall (3/day), Shatter (3/day). Inertial Armor. Spell Resistance. Level Adjustment +2 (humanoid).

Thank you for responding by the way and i will await the fix whenever it occurs...no hurry :)
wyldhunt

Post by wyldhunt »

I have a beta version of a new script that will (Hopefully) fix the dissapearing powers problem soon. No promises till I see it working live, of course. The missing daze is easy to fix. Just ask a DM. They should be able to give it to you.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

As for the spell resistance, it does not stack. The highest source is the one that is used. If the item or spell gives higher SR then you will get that SR otherwise you should keep the hide SR
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
shentaoba

Post by shentaoba »

Thank you both for answering :)
demonlady
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by demonlady »

Anyone know what the Featherfall does ?
"If I had been a cat, curiosity would have killed me a long time ago."
Chastened Phoenix
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Chastened Phoenix »

demonlady wrote:Anyone know what the Featherfall does ?
Reduces falling damage?
There are places that cause it, aren't there?

Edit: now I'm tempted to make a gith character to test their abilities out. Just pure curiosity! :D
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from technology."

Insanely Curious
Curiously Insane ;)
blue wolfy
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by blue wolfy »

the drow ability "fairy fire" (not fairie fire) doesn't seem to do anything, ive tried it on myself, on others, and on hostile enemies.