Avlis portal

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

albonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Avlis portal

Post by albonia »

Is the avlis portal perminently closed now. Came to portal to avlis and found the portal covered with flaming rocks. I do not remember any announcment about it being closed.
Enverex
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Enverex »

Bottom post:
http://www.ysgardhala.org/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

Nob also posted about it on the COPAP forums.
DJ Micah: [Tell] *your alignment has shifted 5 points towards smooth*
T'Holoth Shadowborn

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

For all the bitching about the portal i've done i'm going to miss some of the players & DMs from avlis.

It's unfortinuate, there were a lot of cross server possibilities that were never capitalized on.

Hala is going to need some work to be self sufficient.
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
The Leprechaun
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by The Leprechaun »

It's a good thing Leyna decided to go back when she did :)
NWDuneAuron

Post by NWDuneAuron »

T'Holoth Shadowborn wrote:For all the bitching about the portal i've done i'm going to miss some of the players & DMs from avlis.

It's unfortinuate, there were a lot of cross server possibilities that were never capitalized on.

You're aware Hala will be linking to other worlds right? Ysgard<->Avlis link was cut because it isn't terribly IC for it to exist, according to planar lore.
albonia

Post by albonia »

To clear things up if its no secret which worlds will hala be linking with.
T'Holoth Shadowborn

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

You're aware Hala will be linking to other worlds right
Yes however I believe that will not happen for quite some time and within that time frame Hala will be on shaky ground. We'll either retain our player base and attract more OR players will leave and when we link to other worlds there will be a handfull of us left.
Since we are no longer attached to the HUB of player activity, avlis, we'll need to really stand out as a self sustained world.

low level areas
crafting
Cities to explore
ability to involve themselves with hala's RP as a server (and not be caught up in 'the group')
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Final Shinryuu
Newb of the Year: First Place

Post by Final Shinryuu »

T'Holoth Shadowborn wrote:
You're aware Hala will be linking to other worlds right
Yes however I believe that will not happen for quite some time and within that time frame Hala will be on shaky ground. We'll either retain our player base and attract more OR players will leave and when we link to other worlds there will be a handfull of us left.
Well, some of the links may be coming up sooner than you think. From what I have been told by the Abyss 404 world leader, Abyss is ready to link up with Hala and Outlands as soon as they are.

The Hala-Arborea link is still far off, though. Arborea is just starting it's beta, so linking won't be until at least after the beta is finished. I say at least, because the portal area on the Arborea side is going in a segment that I am building, and I'm a notorious procrastinator. :roll:

Abyss has an even smaller and tighter-knit playerbase than Hala does, but I think the two worlds will go well with each other. For starters, we already have one DM who works on both servers... There is some great potential there for easy cross-server plots.
Serenyddion, talking about Upholstery_Imp and myself:
"Wow, it's like the insanity of both of you somehow refracts off the other and is magnified in the process."
slave_of_emotions
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by slave_of_emotions »

NWDuneAuron wrote:
T'Holoth Shadowborn wrote:For all the bitching about the portal i've done i'm going to miss some of the players & DMs from avlis.

You're aware Hala will be linking to other worlds right? Ysgard<->Avlis link was cut because it isn't terribly IC for it to exist, according to planar lore.
Just a quick question: Why not ? Outlands will be linking to avlis through roots of *ygdrassil, i believe, that grows in ysgard. I think ysgard has the best potentials to being linked with prime worlds, while arborea with mount olymp is perfect place for lower planes.
[url=http://www.dynasig.net/?id=2052][img]http://serve.dynasig.net/2052.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://photobucket.com/albums/a296/6_loverboy_9/NWN/]screenshots[/url][url=http://slaveofemotions.sl.funpic.de/mx/index.php?page=4&smartor_mode=album_cat&cat_id=1]and more[/url]
tristan_durst
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by tristan_durst »

Arborea <-> Hala: Our second link. Still in discussion as to where this link will be placed on bothsides. On Arborea most likely in Brightwater, like FS said.

Infinite Staircase, most likely. Under the Argenitle Palace, not that unlikely.

Someone fix the miclick ability I have. - VoidHamlet
Asbendale
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Asbendale »

Well...i need to get a bit of clerance here, for what i understand all the portals are closed, bouth the Avlis portal and the Glantri portal. Now will this meen that Hala players cant go ther even trough a another world that we will be linking to or does Avlis have a spical reason not to want a portal to Hala?.

Personaly am i working on learning how to script so i hopefully can help the Hala team with getting the crafting system to work, since i think thats one of the really big things we miss on there. As soon im ready ill ask the dm team about premission to help scripting the damm thing.

Asbendale Silverblade
Final Shinryuu
Newb of the Year: First Place

Post by Final Shinryuu »

Once the new links are up, you will be able to travel to Avlis through those worlds.
Serenyddion, talking about Upholstery_Imp and myself:
"Wow, it's like the insanity of both of you somehow refracts off the other and is magnified in the process."
Starslayer_D
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Starslayer_D »

So...in all my years playing on Hala, I never found the infinite staircase, though I know it exists.

Anyone willing to give me pointers?
VIpAcT
Veteran DM

Post by VIpAcT »

Starslayer_D wrote:So...in all my years playing on Hala, I never found the infinite staircase, though I know it exists.

Time travel.
[size=75]<Sarmanoloth> I should have went Dirty Harry with the Solar
<Sarmanoloth> "See this? Its a Celestial crafted greatsword with three runes of enchanted and loaded with Holy Avenger Caliber magic. So I have to ask you a question? Do you feel lucky? Punk?" [/size]
Starslayer_D

Post by Starslayer_D »

Huh?
Enverex

Post by Enverex »

Probably going too deep, but I think he means it doesn't exist yet, but will do in future, so the only way to get to it would be to travel into the future...
DJ Micah: [Tell] *your alignment has shifted 5 points towards smooth*
Starslayer_D

Post by Starslayer_D »

*smiles* There was once an infitine starcase. I appeared there on my first ever portalling over from Avlis. :)
DarknessFallsLight
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by DarknessFallsLight »

VIpAcT wrote:
Starslayer_D wrote:So...in all my years playing on Hala, I never found the infinite staircase, though I know it exists.

Time travel.
*cough* Bearhides *cough*
Im too lazy to think of a witty signature to put here so just laugh anyway
Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Post by Void Hamlet »

*cough*Patience, I am working on it*cough*
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and you have to make fortitude saves, you know it's a druid. -Cap'n Charlie
Khaelindra

Post by Khaelindra »

Starslayer_D wrote:*smiles* There was once an infitine starcase. I appeared there on my first ever portalling over from Avlis. :)
It was in quite a while, and was hell to manouver through. After a while you'd know when to go left at the skeletons, left, right, across, down the stairs, across, up the stairs, through the door, but before yoy figured that out... :twisted:

Aah, those youngsters here...don't know a thing about the old four-city-Hala...he he
Gary Gygax wrote:
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved.