Would you hurt them?

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Would you hurt them?

Post by Psye Shaar »

I will admit right now that i have been drinking all night tonight, but i am interested in your thoughts regardless....

Tonight I was caught up in an incident where by someone who decided to take a number of swings at me purely on the basis that i was looking at somone he liked...

I... unfortunately for him, was considerably more sober than him and so avoided all of his attempts at swinging and so accordingly avoided all of his atempt's to hit me.... Kids....... :roll: Without meaning to sound arrogant, i can look after myself....

The only reason i'm posting his is because i'm curious how any of you would have dealt with the situation....

As it was i let it go, as was requested by one of the other people involved... In a previous situation, one of my female friends was threatened and, without going into detail, the person won't be threatening them again... nothing to do with NWN of course.... but, i'm curious as to peoples perspective on these type of things.....

Please..... be honest...
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

My honest opinion, without knowing the details.....letting it go was the mature thing to do. :)

Not that I'm against fighting back when threatened, but you never know when you might accidently hit someone too hard or in the wrong spot....around here that can be considered manslaughter (involuntary if you are lucky).

My dad is a warden and I grew up around prisons. NOT a place you want to end up. Especially just because some kid was being a jerk.
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

People like you dear sir are few and far between. Cheers to you. In similari situations as long as noe one was actually hurt. I usually buy the offender a drink. If someone was hurt.. i tend to them. I applaud you. The only time i strike people is when its in direct defense of mine.. or another's well being. Period.
micah ormane
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by micah ormane »

I would have pulled out my DM wand and beat him to the floor with it.

No seriously, I will walk away from a fight, even if flat out decked, unless somebody I care about is in danger (and even then, I'll try to get them out of the fight before fighting back).
Gairus
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Gairus »

*hides at home and avoids all possibility of fights*

I guess if really pressed I could cower in a little ball on the floor and be injured.
The joy of IRC.
<Tholotron_praying> I came back from fighting rightious warfare to see Aiq using TK to play with Doss's balls? :/
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

I'd make every attempt to walk away from the situation, but if the guy persisted after my attempts to walk away... they can clean him up when i'm done.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Post by Void Hamlet »

For physical reasons I am one who is sober 24/7. Moreover, I am a woman so the situation with me is a bit different; the place I live in also makes the situation a bit different.

I evade fights but I am not afraid to hit someone when I have no other way.

Unluckily, where I come from there are places and situations where you cannot count on the police to show up, ever.
I have a knife. I never carried it until my father made sure I could use it.
Using it spared me a rape in a night train, for example. I guess the gipsy involved still has a hole amidst his right hand.
I am not sorry at all.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and you have to make fortitude saves, you know it's a druid. -Cap'n Charlie
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Reading the replies here has brought a smile to my face... and for that i thank you all....

Where i live (Worcester, England) this seems to be an increasing problem and to honest, one of the reasons i don't even bother to go out much any more. There are too many many people who, after a few to drink believe they can take on the world...

It's an extreme rarity that i'll resort to violence and as i stated before, i can look after myself and so have never been on the wrong end if it has....

It's a sad thing to say, but my respect for people in general goes down every time I go out now... apart from those that I've already got to know of course :)

Anyway, i thank you again for your replies and on a personal note, i can't believe i managed something so coherant given my state at the time... :D
Aiquandol
Team Member

Post by Aiquandol »

*preferrs using TK to slam offenders balls together*
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

:roll:
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.