Summons

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Xanthalas
Loremaster

Summons

Post by Xanthalas »

Summon Creature VI "Grey Render" Summons a nameless naked lvl 0 dwarf thing....

Noticed summon creature II, III, IV all seem a bit underpowered.. ((particular a summon that was lvl 2, when most of these will be used by lvl 6 and 7 casters..)) not sure if thats a bug or not,

Not all the Animate undead choices work I got practitioner on merceneary berserk and a couple of others. They seem -OVER- powered.. the Practicioner had some nice abilities.

While im on the subjuct, are those sentient? shouldn't -they- be the ones to attack sometimes? as opposed to conjured elementals? ((no i don't know, please don't give me a curt answer, Im being honestly curious.))

The new elementals do seem to be well balanced FYI,
NWDuneAuron
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Re: Summons

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Xanthalas wrote:Summon Creature VI "Grey Render" Summons a nameless naked lvl 0 dwarf thing....

Noticed summon creature II, III, IV all seem a bit underpowered.. ((particular a summon that was lvl 2, when most of these will be used by lvl 6 and 7 casters..)) not sure if thats a bug or not,

Not all the Animate undead choices work I got practitioner on merceneary berserk and a couple of others. They seem -OVER- powered.. the Practicioner had some nice abilities.

While im on the subjuct, are those sentient? shouldn't -they- be the ones to attack sometimes? as opposed to conjured elementals? ((no i don't know, please don't give me a curt answer, Im being honestly curious.))

The new elementals do seem to be well balanced FYI,
Send all complains to Fredegar!

;).

Not all of the summons are meant to be all pwny and useful in combat - some are for RP purposes, and stuff. And, some might be low level, but have some badass special abilities remember (like the palemaster Wight - low ab, low hp, low AC... dc26 level drain onhit).

The elementals tell you to sod off because you have to get them from elsewhere, which means the summoning is less reliable (the other creatures are assumed to be summoned from within Ysgard, is my understanding).
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

I've got the fix, just need the time to put it in.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

Arkon wrote:I've got the fix, just need the time to put it in.
*hands Arkon the sterno fuel, some medical tubing, and a bent spoon* :shock:
albonia

Post by albonia »

The dire badger my character can summon now is quite durable. But the things she can summons now seem weaker and dire wolf which she could summons before is a lvl 4 summons creature spell now.

It was a lvl 3 summons spell.
Final Shinryuu
Newb of the Year: First Place

Post by Final Shinryuu »

Fredegar is my hero. If you think some of the stuff he's made for here is cool, just see all the tons of stuff he's working on for Hades. ^^
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Re: Summons

Post by Xanthalas »

NWDuneAuron wrote:The elementals tell you to sod off because you have to get them from elsewhere, which means the summoning is less reliable (the other creatures are assumed to be summoned from within Ysgard, is my understanding).
Will this scale?

So a char who just barely got the spell to summon a huge fire elemental for example, get attacked more often as compared to the high lvl caster who can summon even better but has no need to so uses the lesser ones? I was told it does not, and in PnP there is no chance stated, But Once again, just an honest question.
NWDuneAuron

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Nope, it doesn't. To my knowledge it's a flat % for each of the elementals - it might be different between each spell level, I dunno, and I can't check from here. =).

But, point is... elementals = pwnier than they used to be, but unreliable bitches. The other options are just as hot (like Wyland's Roc *snicker* and the Umber Hulk from hell).
Cat
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Cat »

Is the % chance for druids less or same like for mages/clerics ?
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

no, it's not.
Fredegar
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Fredegar »

Pulled from the Planes of Chaos Supplement:
One particular aspect of spellcasting on the Outer Planes is worth mentioning here. That involves the use of spell keys to conjure pseudoelementals.

In explaining spell keys, although elementals cannot be summoned from the Inner Planes to the Outer Planes, certain keys can focus the background elemental components of an Outer Plane, allowing for the conjuration of pseudoelemental beings. What makes these pseudoelementals different from normal elementals is that their animating spirit is drawn from the [;ane they're conjured on. Once the spell duration is passed, the pseudoelemental dissipates, its physical substance and animating spirit both rejoining the plane.

Using a spell key to conjure a pseudoelemental on the Outher Planes, then, can be extremely dangerous. For one thing, if a caster is distracted when the elemenal appears, the chance of the creature staying and attacing is 100%. Because it didn't come from an Inner Plane, it has no desire to return there.

For another, pseudoelementals are very difficult to control. The normal 5% chance per round of an elem,ental breaking free from the caster's control is increased by 5% per step by which the pseudoelemental's alignment differs from the caster's.

Chaotic pseudoelements are particularly dangerous, because their chaotic nature impels them to go on destructive sprees. The only positive note about free-willed pseudoelemetnals is that a good-aligned one will be slightly less intent on killing all living things around it - concentrating instead on destroying buildings and other such structures - than will an evil-aligned one.
This does remind me I need to change all their alignments to Chaotic Neatral due to this being Ysgard and not Hades.
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

Awesome! Thanks for the info, Makes more an dmore sense, Uhm, side note, Summon Creature VI has a Griffon, a DM should check it, didn't seem over powered, but I could be wrong, most I noticed was number of attacks per round.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

fixed
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Pale Master summon undead summons a zombie and can not be changed with the menu.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]