Possible strangeness with base to hit bonus.

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Possible strangeness with base to hit bonus.

Post by Gregpooh »

Hello.

I noticed while playing today that when I switched to my Bow, my base attack bonus dropped to 18. Yes, I know you get your dex bonus, and not your Str bonus to hit with a bow. As a fighter at level 22, I should have a base attack bonus of 22. I have a 14 Dex, so that's another +2. I also have a +1 bow. That should be an attack bonus of 25. I tried anonther +1 bow that was lent to me, and it also came up with an 18 base attack.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

*Update*

Relogging brought my bonus to hit up to a 24. This is better, but it still seems low. Does the base hit bonus for fighters not go up +1 per level after 20th? I forgot to add epic prowess to the list above, so he should have a +26 by my count. If the base attack bonus maxes out at 20 though, that would explain it.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

All Epic levels have a special progression, regardless of class, Both attacks and saves
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
NWDuneAuron
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by NWDuneAuron »

All classes get +1 ab per 2 levels at epic levels, regardless of class.

Epic Prowess' bonus isn't show on the character sheet when you have a ranged weapon equipped, but if you check your combat log, the number will be correct.
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

Ah, Cool. Thanks for the responses.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.