Nagritch Jeweler

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

corwink
Wiki Pioneer

Nagritch Jeweler

Post by corwink »

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional. When I go to sell jewels to the jeweler in Nagritch, Budo?, it occasionally says he doesn't have any gold to buy anything from me.
Gone
ExpressEngine
Minor DM

Post by ExpressEngine »

That's not a bug! It's a feature!
[b]GameSpy ID[/b]: ExpressEngine [b]Characters[/b]: Elundel Evrion
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Tashajj/expresssigblur.jpg[/img]
[quote]<NWDuneAuron> congrats on singlehandedly crushing any whim I may have had to change the nagritch law.[/quote]
darkserra
Craftmaster

Post by darkserra »

It's a feature brought to you by your Hala team...
-- [i]People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.[/i]
George Orwell
Meredia
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Meredia »

One of the ways to prevent money exploits and such is for merchants to have limited gold. This is set up to provide realism (since what merchant would logically be able to buy all the crap you could possibly throw at them) as well as restrain any sort of overfarming of goods for cash. It should be reset when the server resets, but until then you'll need to either hold onto what you want to sell or take it elsewhere.

Hala team is very wise to have this feature!
corwink
Wiki Pioneer

Post by corwink »

yeah it's great for realism :D Good idea team

*smacks whoever thought that one up and runs for the hills* :lol: :lol:

Meredia wrote:
Hala team is very wise to have this feature!
Suck up!!! :lol: :lol:
Gone
Meredia
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Meredia »

As someone who has spent many an hour balancing merchants out for a CoPaP world, it's lovely to see that it's done elsewhere, too!
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

Considering the amount of Gold I've spent on amulet and ring molds in that place, Buddo should have millions. :D

But seriously, no one else seems to be buying gems any more, except him, so it's just going to end up being another type of resource rush as people dash to his shop after a reset to cash in their gems.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Druid523
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Druid523 »

Gregpooh wrote:Considering the amount of Gold I've spent on amulet and ring molds in that place, Buddo should have millions. :D
I assume that the merchant's gold decreases when things are sold to them AND increases when things are bought from them...yes?
"The ways in which they are different are maybe more visible but less important than the ways in which they are alike." -Rudiki about Alexis and Sceluscio

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Sceluscio_Potementia]Scel's Wiki Entry[/url]
Final Shinryuu
Newb of the Year: First Place

Post by Final Shinryuu »

Druid523 wrote:
Gregpooh wrote:Considering the amount of Gold I've spent on amulet and ring molds in that place, Buddo should have millions. :D
I assume that the merchant's gold decreases when things are sold to them AND increases when things are bought from them...yes?
Yes, but this increase and decrease is not persistant across server resets or module reloads. When the module starts going, the merchant restarts from a set amount of gold.
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Would it be possible then, to allow a merchant to by gems who also sells something that that everyone needs? Like Ace, since everyone goes to him for healing kits? I haven't been able to sell a gem in a week. This wouldnt be so bad if I could "pay" for my kits with gems.
albonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by albonia »

Yes we definatly need another merchant besides Buddo who will buy gems of you.
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
LadyPhoenix77
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

There are several merchants throughout the servers who buy gems.

The old system that we used worked fine for a while, but it no longer works for us, therefore I have set up additional restrictions and other requests on all existing and future merchants.

I would rather not go into greater detail as to why these changes were done, but they were done for very good reason.