stuck on the airship at tel

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

diermace1
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

stuck on the airship at tel

Post by diermace1 »

Hi I have a problem I hope you can help with. i tried to go onto the airship at tel with my avlis char called char'jer, insted of apearing on the ship i was chucked right back to the desk top, now when i try to log char;jer in to hala, the load screen starts to load and then i am chucked straight back to the desk top again, please help if you can :) thanks
albonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by albonia »

Its usually due to one of the hala mods becoming corrupt or out of date try redownloading the hala .mod hak
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
Meredia

Post by Meredia »

Re-download all the Hala haks and make sure that you actually have them all. If you're missing a hak or if it's an older/corrupted version of it, the area that utilizes the resources of that hak will hit that information and stop loading in the middle.

Chances are it's one of the little ones. Go to http://www.ysgardhala.org/viewtopic.php?t=1751 for the haks, and start with the files under "Needed for Play on Hala (extract into your Hak folder)".

If it continues to fail after that, you might have a corrupted CEP file, which would mean you'd need to re-install that. It's a real pain in the ass, so definitely start with the Hala haks first.
diermace1

Post by diermace1 »

thanks i will try the haks first:)
Soul Hunter
Major DM

Post by Soul Hunter »

You may also want to back up your over ride folder and clear it out at least temporally, I had a similar problem that turned out to be in the override
MissyFlows
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by MissyFlows »

same problem here with my char, trying to go to tel docks and NWN crashes, cleared override still the same, trying the haks now
wyldhunt
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by wyldhunt »

Since no one has really made this clear yet, the HalamodV1_0 hak is included in the main download, but it is an earlier version. There is an updated version available via a sepperate download. This usually happens if you use the old version. Usually by unziping the main hak zip last, since it is larger, and accidentally overwritting the new update.
If you just download the HalamodV1_0 update 20 Aug 2006 and override the old one, it will likely fix everything and make the airships areas stop crashing you. I've heard a few people figure this out the hard way now.
diermace1

Post by diermace1 »

as a visitor to your fine world i would like to say a BIG thankyou to all that helped my friend and I, the last bit of advice worked a treat, THANKS AGAIN :D
signed

Char'jer
MissyFlows
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by MissyFlows »

yeah a big thanks from my side too, very friendly DM and players, soooo you gonna see my alt around here :D

Missy