be gone for a bit

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

charlierazor
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

be gone for a bit

Post by charlierazor »

Not that any of you will cry....but I will be gone probably for a few weeks while I find some way to get this new hak dled to my pc, as my computer is ofcourse hooked up to dial up, and there is no way in hell it can download 60 meg of info.

Anyhow, I'll see you eventually once I figure out a way to do this.

Charlie.
-Charlie
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Have you tried a download manager such as GetRight? Not only will it speed up a download, but you can pause and resume and have the program disconnect from the internet when its done (not sure if it will automatically reconnect to the internet if it drops, but it might).

It should allow you to download the file overnight, or at worst, over a few days.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Charlie. There isn't a 60 meg download... there are 2 downloads... one 15 meg and one 1 meg. Dialup may take a little time, but it can pull it.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Idonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Idonia »

*Cries.* :P
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
charlierazor
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by charlierazor »

It's not? I could have swore it was. At any rate....I've tried dling the file twice and got about 5 meg in, when I lose my connection. Netzero is by far the worse dial up I've ever seen.....as if dial up needed any help being bleh.

Anyhow, I have tomorrow off, so I'm gonna try and hunt down an internet connection that's stable, like a kinko's or something. If I'm not mistaken the nearest Kinko's is 45 minutes away, but if that is what it takes, then I will take the time to make it happen.

At any rate...it's still gonna be a bit before I can get back on again. I'll see you around,
-Charlie