Permanent Chest filling

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Redda
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Permanent Chest filling

Post by Redda »

One of the permanent chests upstairs in Redda and Manathor's house is reproducing gold ingots (stacks of 10) and filling the chest completely.

I have emptied it completely after the last couple of resets, but it is still doing it. I am hoping the rest of the contents are still there, just pushed back.

I emptied it again today and will let you know if it fills on the next reset.

Thanks....Redda
ApproachingWinter

Post by ApproachingWinter »

*Makes a note to have Kal pay them a visit as a traveling salesman* :D
“Divine being creates petting zoo. It gets out of hand.”
- The Bible (summarised by John W. Mangrum)

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
Edgar Allan Poe (1809 - 1849), "Eleonora"

Characters: Kal Shadowhand, Streea Arisa.
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

You have to empty it ~completely~ and then wait for a reset. Most times that fixes it, however you might need help from the team. Good Luck.
Redda

Post by Redda »

Hello there,
yes it was emptied out completely, and I did notice that it refilled again after last nights reset.

I'll take the time to empty it out again today so that it is emptied once more.

I just wish it was duplicating something nice and large, like logs of wood, I'm getting carpal tunnel (let's see, 35 slots x 25 pages = 875 mouse clicks....arggg!)
corwink
Wiki Pioneer

Post by corwink »

:( poor Redda :D
Gone
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

I've heard that if you empty it out as fast as you can while it is filling and manage to take out all of the items that are duplicating, that will help solve the problem. It sometimes takes doing this once a reset for a few resets to fix it.
Redda

Post by Redda »

yeah SD, I tried that too the first few times I emptied it....but as soon as I got a spare space it filled them with more ingots.....it didn't seem to get beyond doing that, so I quite in case I was making it worse.
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

That's exactly what is supposed to happen. The database stores items beyond what can appear in the 25 page limit of the chest. If you keep removing them you will eventually get down to the other items in the chest, but what you really need to do is remove every single gold ingot otherwise they will continue to breed in there.
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

Redda wrote:yeah SD, I tried that too the first few times I emptied it....but as soon as I got a spare space it filled them with more ingots.....it didn't seem to get beyond doing that, so I quite in case I was making it worse.
So, keep taking them all out...if you can hold them all in your inventory. DO NOT close the lid of the chest. If you cannot hold them all in your inventory, then drop them on the ground right where you stand while the lid of the chest is still open. You must take everything out that keeps spawning in there, ~everything~. Once it is entirely empty, then close the lid and do not re-open it until a reset happens. If that doesn't work, then I know Nob can fix it in the database, but that takes some time.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

should be fixed.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Redda

Post by Redda »

hmm, thanks Jskee, I'll give that a try too.