Having trouble getting into Hala

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Dirk Cutlass
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Having trouble getting into Hala

Post by Dirk Cutlass »

Hi folks,

I tried the portal from Deglos to Avlis...

1) First of all, it said my character was rejected and wouldn't let me on, my PC stayed on Deglos.
2) Later, I tried again (when I logged into Deglos it said I should have been on Ysgard/Hala).
3) So I tried to log into Hala, and can not do it. I try to use Direct Login with the server/password details from CoPaP password email, and it says connection to server times out. I thought perhaps server was down, so I tried again (no success). I thought perhaps I had out-of-date server/password, so I got latest CoPaP email (no success).
4) I logged into Deglos again, and tried again, and this time it did try to log in (but I didn't have the haks at the time).

So, apart from not having all the haks yet, it seems I was able to portal (partially), but Direct Connect fails totally. I've been using Direct Connect method with Avlis for years. Never been to Hala before though.

Any suggestions?
Badtznik

Post by Badtznik »

Hey DC,

You might wanna try searching for the Hala server on the PW list on "Join Internet Game". The password is the same as it is on the CoPAP email, but the server address has been changed a few times. Good luck!

B
Lord Droke
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Lord Droke »

I don't know if the copap email has changed its been years, but Hala/ysgard is no longer on 5121/5122 its now 5123/5124. If the email still has the old port #'s that could be it.
"Professional assasination is the highest form of public service" - Chiun, Master of Sinanju
Dirk Cutlass

Post by Dirk Cutlass »

Thanks for the help guys, unfortunately, I didn't get any further:

1) I uninstalled Gamespy, because my Virus scanner thinks its spyware, so I can't do the "Join Internet Game" thing
2) Using the server address that I had, and just changing the port did not work

So, I guess the server name has changed too.. although I pinged it, and it seemed like something was there.

Is it possible that someone could send me the address of the server? Not the password, I know that is "slapped wrist" if that is posted, and I should have that anyway. I guess the address is available by GameSpy anway.. so anyone can get it... if they have it installed, and I don't want to have dig out my installation disks again to do that if I can help it.

Thanks.
Badtznik

Post by Badtznik »

PM sent :wink:
Dirk Cutlass

Post by Dirk Cutlass »

Looks like server and password details are both wrong on the Copap password email. Is there any chance that a Team Member could update Hala's info with Copap so it gets sent out right next time. Thanks.

Or if a Team Member could contact me to help me out. Thanks.
Final Shinryuu
Newb of the Year: First Place

Post by Final Shinryuu »

Dirk Cutlass wrote:Looks like server and password details are both wrong on the Copap password email. Is there any chance that a Team Member could update Hala's info with Copap so it gets sent out right next time. Thanks.
People have been trying, trust me. Constantly. :/
Dirk Cutlass

Post by Dirk Cutlass »

Problem solved. I got the right port number, and the password problem was me mistyping :roll:

Thanks. I'm in! :D