Computer is seriously ill

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Computer is seriously ill

Post by Tremayne7 »

Hi one and all.

My computer is ill. Very ill. It will boot, but only just and even then it is not running fast at all. Seamus and I will have to take it to the Apple Store and I pray even then they can fix it or at least be able to retrieve my files from it. *Sigh* I don't need a new computer right now.

Seamus is working to get me back and running on a computer for Friday for Ironjade's event. (I do need to be there) But I hope to be back on no later than tomorrow.

I'm so upset I could cry right now. I think it might be the new expansion pack for the Sims 2 that I got and lots of folks on the Win/tel side said the new "Security" software messed up their computers. If that's the case then EA/Maxis/Aspyr owes me a new computer.

I just wanted to let you all know what happened in case you don't see Aria for a few days.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Good luck! We'll be waiting for you..:)
Jenai
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Jenai »

*hugs* We will be waiting for you Aria!
Quote:
Jenai even at near death is about as helpless as that kitten in Mithro. *Daemona*
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

Lynn's (Tremain, Aria, whatever) computer suffered a hard-drive malfunction. Hopefully we'll be able to recover most of the data off the drive. It'll probably be middle of next week or so before her primary computer is up and running again.

Fortunately, we've another computer capable of running NWN, so, assuming I can find all her CD keys and remember how to reset the Ini file so that we can both be online at the same time, Aria should be back online tonight.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Which makes Tremayne/Lynn/Aria very, very happy! *Does the Snoopy happy dance around the computer room*

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Latest update on computer. I have an appointment for Wednesay Jan 2nd for the Apple Store to look at my baby. We have a program called DiskWarrior that should aid in our endevers and a new external hard drive to back it up! So, all things good come to those who wait.

Seamus and I are going to be out of town this weekend and won't be back until some time Sunday night. And Aria is currently being ill in the temple, so it works. :)

darkserra
Craftmaster

Post by darkserra »

Well....

If you have to make an "appointment" to get your comp fixed, something is wrong :D

I just root around in the spare parts boxes and replace the bad parts..

Score for the IBM/Intel hardware!!!!!!

Have a good weekend!
-- [i]People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.[/i]
George Orwell
Knightlight
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Knightlight »

I hope all gets better. Aria and you both have many well wishers. Hope to see you soon.

KL
Ji/mas
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

What I need is someone professional to get the data off of my hard drive. And possibly reformat it.

But, I work with what I have. :) Seamus, love, thank you for the spare computer.