A Fatefull Descision

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

JD Smith
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

A Fatefull Descision

Post by JD Smith »

One descision ....

One fateful; spur of the moment descision ....

How differant would things have been if not for that one descision ...

Ro; after a spur of the moment descsion to grease fight Cindy ends up sitting in the front of the room; her back mostly towards the table where Pandorus sits. Her attention focused on Cindy; as she tends to her after beating her down badly. I read Ser's emote of running around in a circle trailing something from a deep red container (I forget right now just how he phrased it). From where Ro was; on the floor; back away from the action; paying all her attention to Cindy - Ro didn't see it.

Had Ro not made that descision to grease fight Cindy - I wonder how differant the night would have ended. If all else happened as it did up to that point; except Ro decides to just sit and watch the grease fights, how differant would things be? If not for having gone to fight; Ro would have still been at the table; in a seat mostly facing Pandorus. Ro would have seen the action of Ser. Ro would have called out to alert Kay. Ro would have moved to try to smudge or break the circle before completed; having promised Kay to stand with her and Pandorus. I'm sure Pandorus would have noticed the commotion.

One simple descision ....
A.N. Imus: Simon Colin Bernard
Victoria DeVitale: thankya
Victoria DeVitale: I need something shorter
Victoria DeVitale: Sim?
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

Heh, And then Ro gets mad at Seamus because we didn't trust her with the plan? :roll:

*note* There was a reason we waited untill people who might have been compromised were all distracted before trying this. :lol:
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

wanna talk about decisions?

I knew damn good and well why Scel wanted to fight Kay... but in Kay's current mood, she was just looking to punch something. She knew about the plan, she knew what they wanted to do... Had I not let her fight Scel, she would have stopped the whole thing.

Oh well.. that's what I get for being nice to you guys

Now you get to deal with a REALLY PISSED OFF BRYE!
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

*ducks and hides* :wink:
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

I suppose we could have just beat everyone down and dragged Pandy's unconscious body to the circle, but this was so much more TENSE!!

I was bitting my nails the entire time. Plus, Ser got to be the HERO! (which I think is very cool) 8)
Bianca
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Bianca »

*raves that Ser got to be the Hero*

:mrgreen:
JD Smith

Post by JD Smith »

Gregpooh wrote:Heh, And then Ro gets mad at Seamus because we didn't trust her with the plan? :roll:
Yeah - and Ro was also a bit annoyed that no one seemed to wish to talk to her at all at the party. She tried talking to Aria twice. The first time Rali and Sol ran up and wouldn't leave them alone (and she just wanted to talk to Aria about Morgan). The second time; apparently Aria just didn't responed. (or the line was missed.) And Ro really wasn't mad - more upset ...
*note* There was a reason we waited untill people who might have been compromised were all distracted before trying this. :lol:
Had Ro continued to have sat at the table watching Pandorus - how would she have gotten distracted? Just curious.
A.N. Imus: Simon Colin Bernard
Victoria DeVitale: thankya
Victoria DeVitale: I need something shorter
Victoria DeVitale: Sim?
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Curse my being employed :wink: Morgan would have solved the 'distract Ro plan'
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

JD Smith wrote: Had Ro continued to have sat at the table watching Pandorus - how would she have gotten distracted? Just curious.
Who can say? This was more of a "Wait till a good opportunity presents itself" sort of thing than it was a hard and fast plan. Nothing was going to be tried if people were in a position to catch on to what was happening. Personally, I wasn't sure they were even going to go through with it that night. After enough people moved away and Rayne and Kyle turned to watch the fighting, I guess they figured that was as good a chance as they were going to get and went for it.
Rayne Navar
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Rayne Navar »

Bad bad Halfpint(Frin) Shame on you distracting me :)!!! :twisted:
Serenyddion
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Serenyddion »

I was amazed the entire thing wasn't planned before-hand. Pandorus being distracted by the songs and the fighting, Ser's normal state to be running around underfoot -- everything just fit together as well as any plan made ages in advance. It all just came together so well.
blue wolfy
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by blue wolfy »

Rayne Navar wrote:Bad bad Halfpint(Frin) Shame on you distracting me :)!!! :twisted:
distracting hell, she was trying to kill you :P

lol then frin was teleporting back to seamus's side when all the yelling started, finger already on the button thought what the hell as i saw kay break free of scel so i just teleported infront of kay, nothing like suddenly tripping over a halfling when your in a hurry. sometimes being short and overlooked is a good thing
VIpAcT
Veteran DM

Post by VIpAcT »

Talk about being distracted. I was so distracted personally, I missed almost every emote pertaining to it all. *mutters about the coy Nikki and Sycla, Pandorus and Alexis, and grease wrestling* lol. DMing tunnel vision is a blessing and a curse.

Really anything could have happened depending on character's decisions. So indeed one different decision could have had that end differently, as I had no intention of anything happening either way. Thats how the entire plot has been played so far.

And great job all around! The roleplaying at the celebration was memorable. If only I could have spied on the side conversations.... I bet those were entertaining.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

"Pandorus being distracted by the songs and the fighting..."

*coughs*
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Serenyddion

Post by Serenyddion »

Rudiki wrote:"Pandorus being distracted by the songs and the fighting..."

*coughs*
Oh. Right. And other things. ;)
Druid523
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Druid523 »

Kudos to everyone involved in the plan for executing it so perfectly. I could not have imagined it happening better than it did. I was so very tense the entire night (not biting my nails, but definitely holding my breath and feeling the anxiety build). There were so many things that could have gone wrong, and I remember thinking to myself as we arrived at the party, "What the hell is our plan going to be?"

But throughout the celebration, people were whispering to each other, having side conversations, planning quietly, and somehow it all just came together perfectly. In the end, every corner of the room had some piece to it that had to fit in so well with the whole for it to succeed (from the grease fighting to distract the attendees to Alexis' sucking face with Pandorus to keep him distracted from Ser). I imagine that, yes indeed, things would have turned out very different if even one thing had varied (Ro's spur of the moment decision or something else). So...beautifully done everyone! :)
jorden_kemper

Post by jorden_kemper »

haha, Blake being unafilliated with either side ... yet... still distracted well enough ... :twisted:
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Wow. So interesting to read all the different things that were going on. At the time, neither I nor Lexy knew any of it.

So right about the tension; my stomach was in knots the whole time!

I recall poor Scel at the Defenders hall before Pandorus' party incredulously going: "You people expect me to come up with a plan in 20 minutes?" But he did, and it was stellar.

Lexy just trusted that there would be a plan, and set about making sure that Pandorus was as completely distracted as possible, but as the evening wore on and there was no plan in sight I got more and more nervous. I saw people talking, but I heard nothing at all, and some of the talk looked like it was irrelevent, and some of the talk looked like it was going nowhere.

When Scel fought Kay Lexy thought: "Ah, evidence of a plan! Good; if all goes well he'll knock her out and get her out of the way"...but then he healed her! What was he DOING?!?!

I was getting more and more worried, and time was passing, and then I noticed Ser rushing about underfoot in his usual manner, and I thought: "Hey, that would be a great way to draw the pentagram", so I sent Ser a joking tell going: "I hope you're drawing a dang pentagram, you!" And he sent a tell back going: "I'm just about to start." OMG that was the PLAN!!!!! And yes, I agree that it was absolutely great that Ser got to be the hero in this. So fitting, too!

And then when the penatagram was drawn, I loved all the immediate reactions from people. Suddenly Scel is shouting "NOW!", and Aria and Soleis are shouting two different versions of the command word, just in case (I found that out from Akai later), and Kay is struggling to get loose, and I'm thinking: "But wait; I'm still in the circle!" And then I get a tell from Seamus going: "Why didn't you move when I told you?", and I look and I see that Seamus told Lexy to get out in Psionic, but because I'm not used to looking at that side of the screen for conversation and because it's so tough to keep up reading everything in big groups I totally missed it! Doh!

But I figured that makes sense, too, since Lexy has a hard time with Psionic messages and tends to block them out subconsciously, and he was by that time so distracted himself mentally and emotionally by Pandorus it would have been almost impossible for him to have received the message. It was in character for his feelings for Pandorus to screw things up a bit, so that worked.

The whole evening (and the whole plot) was amazing. Thanks so much to all involved.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Rudiki wrote:"Pandorus being distracted by the songs and the fighting..."

*coughs*
Hell! Lexy's distracting as it is! He just has to stand there!

Oh, was my internal monologue on speaker again? Darn....

*Aria slinks off to a corner*

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Rudiki and I had talked OOC about this a lot. I love the player and the character very much as if someone were to write a book about them and their adventures I'd read them again and again and again.

Yes, I do that. There are some books I don't care how much time has passed I'll reread them again just to have adventures with those characters (Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter to name a couple).

Lexy, Scel, Ser, Seamus, Rayne, Ro... everyone, hell you all are the reason I come back here almost everyday. I want to find out what's happening to Ro and Morgan or Lexy and Scel or Aria and everybody.

This was ROLEPLAYING at it's best. Seamus can attest that I was fidgety in my chair, biting my hand and knuckles and crying the whole time. It wasn't until the end of the night when Druid, Rudiki and I logged off at 2:30am that I knew how Lexy and Scel truly felt about Aria. And I got my happy ending. Thank you Vip, for a long hard road that still hasn't ended (as Aria's story hasn't ended by far yet!). Thank you Rudiki for your love and friendship and allowing Aria a small corner of your life and heart. And Druid.... Ditto what I said to Rudiki.