Just a blip on the radar...err BiP

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Breach_in_Protocol
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Just a blip on the radar...err BiP

Post by Breach_in_Protocol »

Well it's been about two weeks of poking around the server, meeting a wonderful cast of roleplayers, squishing a few million beetles and goblins. I thought I should take a minute to introduce the mad-man behind the curtain.

Tada...what no applause? I'm Joe or BiP or whatever Runa decides to name me. I'm currently piloting the world's most intoxicated cleric, Eric and Rhys whose personality I'm still learning about. Strange how you start a character with one direction thought out for them and then discover that they're someone else. It's a fun process.

I'm a long time pnp roleplayer and have played NWN extensively on a couple wonderful RP servers in the past. It's been a couple year break. When I heard about a Ysgard PW I couldn't pass up the opportunity to let Eric run around in it and drunkenly convert the whole plane. Long live ale and Odin.

I'm a bit of a smart-arse and like to think of myself as quick witted, but does it count when you're the only one who thinks so?

In RL I'm a 30 year old father of a crazy little 4 year old clone of myself. Scaaaary. And as such my game play is often interrupted with "interesting" requests. I'm trying to settle into a pattern of playing a couple nights a week so that I can have longer stretches where I can actually roleplay and run an adventure or two with a group.

From the time I've spent here I must say that everyone I've meet in game have been welcoming and helpful and that the level of rp is top notch. I have fallen into a vibrant, living, breathing world. Thanks to all who have pointed me in the right directions as I learn the unique systems of the server and my way around.

To the designers, coders and dms who have no doubt spent thousands and thousands of hours piecing it all together and then constantly redoing a million little things, my hat is off too you. Well done and bravo. It is fantastic. Just fantastic.
Durkon: "Praise ta Thor, whose hammer smooshes tha evil o' tha world." OOTS - Strip 305

Haley: "As current leader of the Order of the Stick, it is my solemn duty to call for the execution of our oldest, most reliable strategy. RUN!!" OOTS - Strip 455
Bianca
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Bianca »

:lol: *joins the rave*

what a great introduction! welcome! welcome! :D
Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Tremayne7 »

Hey! Welcome to our corner of Insanity that is Hala!

Definitely, these guys here make Hala fun to play in be here. Welcome to Eric, one of our newest clerics and Rhys, a big pussycat.

Jump in with both feet and enjoy the ride! I know I have and still do.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Lady Talia

Post by Lady Talia »

welcome welcome! Always fun to have someone to tortu...umm...name :D Havin a blast with Eric and Rrrrrrys!

oh..and don't worry about the odd breaks; have a 4 year old myself, so kinda know about those :shock: and people here are nice about that stuff

*mini rave of Yasgard/Hala folk!*
Druid523
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Druid523 »

With a humor and skill with words like that, I'm looking forward to running into you on Hala! Welcome, sir. :)

-Andrew (Player of: Sceluscio Potementia)
thetamlyone

Post by thetamlyone »

Was fun adventuring with you as both characters--even if we did all die that one time! :D
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Woot! TPK! It was fun though!

HUGS!

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
makelovelikewar
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by makelovelikewar »

I look forward to meeting you IG! Welcome!
If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)
Breach_in_Protocol

It was a great deal of fun. Nothing like a naked mile first thing in the morning.

Been wonderful playing with all of you, thanks for dragging me along.

I have to ask...am I the only one who looks at Scel's last name and thinks..."pot dementia"...no wonder he's the head psion...
Durkon: "Praise ta Thor, whose hammer smooshes tha evil o' tha world." OOTS - Strip 305

Haley: "As current leader of the Order of the Stick, it is my solemn duty to call for the execution of our oldest, most reliable strategy. RUN!!" OOTS - Strip 455
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Welcome to Hala BiP.

As the World Leader of this little corner of CoPaP, on behalf of my team, thank you for the compliment. Players like you are why we volunteer our time. We enjoy watching and helping you enjoy yourself. Here's to hoping you have a great time on Hala, and the rest of CoPaP should you decide to travel the multiverse that is the Confederation of Planes and Planets.
Druid523
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Druid523 »

Breach_in_Protocol wrote:I have to ask...am I the only one who looks at Scel's last name and thinks..."pot dementia"...no wonder he's the head psion...
Hrmph! :evil:
Breach_in_Protocol

My repologies didn't mean to offend...my brain just works in strange ways...feels a mind blast headed my direction in the near future...

thetamlyone

Post by thetamlyone »

Aww....he's not that touchy. Just looking for a good excuse to pwn somebody is my guess. :P
Druid523
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Druid523 »

Yeah. If I was really offended, I wouldn't go to the trouble of typing "Hrmph" and an angry emoticon. I would just seethe silently. ;)
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

*HUGS* Druid because she can and she loves Scel. :wink:

Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Tremayne7 wrote:*HUGS* Druid because she can and she loves Scel. :wink:
More like *HUGS* Druid because he's male!
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Welcome! Hala's got a wonderful community of gamers as I'm sure you've already found out. I look forward to RPing with you!

(..and I think you got forgiven for that crack about Scel because you also called him the "head psion". :D Though Egil has more than once expressed the worried suspicion that when you get really good at psionics you also start leaking marbles...)
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Breach_in_Protocol

*rave*

I continue to be amazed by the incredible levels of RP that I encounter as I wander about the server.

Huge kuddos to the "Newbie Crew" for dragging me along with them on several occasions and making me feel so very welcome. Very nice to have a bunch of other lowbies to run around with.

Not surprisingly I've already started to get "The Look" from my RL partner for spending excessive amounts of time playing. *shudders* I'm sure those who have received "The Look" understand what I'm talking about when I say that I've decided (suddenly) to reduce my gaming time a bit. I'm not disappearing entirely, but I'll probably only be on a couple nights a week.

That being said which week nights tend to be good evenings (EDT) to hop on the server for a few hours?

ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

Monday nights's would be good. Sam's currently running a plot that (I think) is open to those interested/happen to be online at that time. (so sorry if I am wrong). I am also pretty sure he is EST too. 8)
Druid523
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Druid523 »

I'd say EST nights, but my schedule is often hectic. But when I am on, I'm on at night! :)
thetamlyone

Post by thetamlyone »

We run our newbie quest on Tuesday nights--not sure if that makes it a good night or not. Might check with Sam about that.

Otherwise, anytime you see that Uni is on (or even Thralia for that matter) pop me a tell and I will RP with you! :) If Uni is in drama queen mode, you might have to wait till the emotional scene *dramatic back of hand to forehead* is over, but they don't generally last all that long.

Most of the time if you are on, there will be somebody to hang with since there are so many of us new lowbie characters about. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Verandis

Post by Verandis »

We've got so many people in the lowbie game right now that Tuesday isn't a good night (unless you want to seek other people out- I do see a lot on Hala that day!); I do however suggest Monday, when Samhaim and I tend to run events! Check on the announcement boards for those.