Planar Factions

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Mabus
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Planar Factions

Post by Mabus »

I was just curious as to how many people roleplay their characters as belonging to a faction?

Spec the Damned, for instance, is a Fated and Oneus is a Dustman. But none of my other characters belong to any.
"If you say you're going crazy then you must be perfectly sane for a lunatic never has doubts about his sanity."
ambrosia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by ambrosia »

What do you mean?

:D
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

If you have a look through the World Information there a good list of the factions and who/what they are and what they stand for :)
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Planar Factions are not very active on Hala any more. Sarmanos tried to get them started back when there were several Planes looking to join CoPaP, but most of those servers fell though. I can only think of a few characters that ever joined, and most of those are long gone.

I'm overseeing the Factions now, so feel free to PM me any questions.
ambrosia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by ambrosia »

oh yes! I remember reading those a couple of years ago when I first started playing on Hala. I decided at the time that I would find out in game more about them and decide then. Two years later, I don't think anyone has mentioned them at all and I had totally forgotten all about them. 8)

Easy answer then: No, none of my characters know about the factions or are a part of them.
corwink
Wiki Pioneer

Post by corwink »

ambrosia wrote:oh yes! I remember reading those a couple of years ago when I first started playing on Hala. I decided at the time that I would find out in game more about them and decide then. Two years later, I don't think anyone has mentioned them at all and I had totally forgotten all about them. 8)

Easy answer then: No, none of my characters know about the factions or are a part of them.
Ditto for me too
Gone
Mabus
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Mabus »

The factions and sects add a whole new dimension to roleplaying. Granted they're more well known in Sigil, but each of the factions calls a particular plane as a base. For example, the Fated have a base in Ysgard. :wink:

Here's more information if anyone's interested:

http://www.mimir.net/factions/index.html
http://www.shadowland.org/Planescape/factions.html
http://www.geocities.com/gradasso/facti ... _chart.htm
"If you say you're going crazy then you must be perfectly sane for a lunatic never has doubts about his sanity."
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Ok let me give some clarification on this for anyone who is considering joining a faction.

If you have a character that joined a faction on another server, that's cool.

However, for Ysgard based characters, Amby And Corwink are correct in that information on the factions is not readily available IC without a DM. Even though the Fated are based on Ysgard, and even though this is an outer plane, the Factions have never been very active on this part of Ysgard.

So, unless you've had actual DM encounters relating to the Planar Factions or have knowledge of them from another planar server or offworld PC, please don't assume your character knows anything about them. The links above, and the world information entries are OOC.

If you are interested in starting a new character that is a faction member, or think one of your current characters would be interested in joining one, please PM me or the Hala Team account.