when it rains it pours

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

blue wolfy
Squire: Church of Pants

when it rains it pours

Post by blue wolfy »

As a few of those of you closest to me know I have had a rather hard week, and I want to think you all for understanding I really havnt been up to RP but needed company. A week ago me and my wife had to have our dog Raffles put to sleep, He was8years old when we got him from the humane society for our daughters 2nd birthday, that was over 5 years ago. We knew it was time when he had to be carried inside by me and my mother. The vet took one look at him and agreed his hips were gone and tried to reassure me and my wife we were doing the right thing. It didnt stop either of us from crying and we both held him as he went to sleep.

A couple days later we had just came home from the pet store where I bought my pet mouce 'Boo' a new treat and chew cube. When I went straight to his cage to give them to him I found him dead. I had him for over a year. Though a mouse doesnt cause one to get as emotionally attached as a dog it was still a nasty shock.

Then yesterday, my wife let out my mothers mini-pincher Caeser out, he wasnt out there for 5 mins when he got off his leash and ran. I followed him to a street over and several blocks away until my back and hip were hurting do bad i fell. At which point he took off and ran out of my sight. When I got home my wife had already called my mother a few times and she told her i wasnt able to catch him. My mother decided to come home on her lunch break and try. A few moments later though she called us back. Her cell number was on Caeser's collar. A lady had called her to tell her he had been hit. By the time mom got here she had been called again and the lady told her he had stopped breathing. My mother and wife left to collect his body, as I stayed here and watched our daughter. My mother has been in tears several times since, but last night was the worst as I heard her in tears thu her bedroom door. Caeser had slept in her bed with her every night.

So yeah it has been a really difficult week here.
_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by _JM_ »

You have my sympathies. Does sound like you did the right thing with your dog, like your mouse lived to a reasonable age, and that both were well loved. With your mother’s dog I don’t think there was anything you could have done, you pursued until you couldn’t any more and it was double misfortune that not only was he hit but he was hit hard enough for it to be fatal.
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Wolfy love,

It's always hard to lose an animal no matter what the circumstances. They are members of the family same as any human member and they are friends and companions.

My thoughts are with you.

Tre
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
JD Smith

Post by JD Smith »

Went thru the same about the need to put a pet to sleep a bit ago ourselves here ... I know your feelings. :cry:

Take care; my friend.
A.N. Imus: Simon Colin Bernard
Victoria DeVitale: thankya
Victoria DeVitale: I need something shorter
Victoria DeVitale: Sim?
Rali'vinee
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Rali'vinee »

*hugs*
[i][b]Arkon: "[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Rali%27vinee_Ish%27tarestacia][color=#00BF00]Rali'vinee[/color][/url] is at the same time, the most lovable character I've ever come across, and the singularly most infuriating."[/b][/i]
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Oh, Wolfy, I am so, so sorry to hear that! I know how hard it is to lose beloved pets; all my sympathy and condolences to you and your family.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]