Attention European players!

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Attention European players!

Post by Rudiki »

Hiya!

If an event were to be held at a time convenient for European players to attend, what would be a good time for such an event, and who have we got that would be interested in playing? I'm perfectly willing to help put something together IC, and set my alarm clock if needbe. :)

P.S.: My time zone is U.S. EST, and I'm notoriously horrible at conversions, so if you're better at it than I am, please be merciful and let me know what time it would be for me as well!
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Kanteletar
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Kanteletar »

You summoned? :P

Euro, GMT +2. Happy to cooperate. My play times are from 18-22 GMT usualy. Weekends may stay longer.
Sable
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Sable »

possible. But gonna be at least a month or 2 before I'm allowed to leave the office again :(
"Abash'd the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely” John Milton
albonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by albonia »

It would need to be before 21:00 GMT if on a weekday. For a weekend a bit later is possible say 23:00 GMT.

I think you are - 6 on GMT on EST
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
JD Smith

Post by JD Smith »

1800 GMT would be 1300 central time (my time) - so that would make it 1400 easten (2 PM).

Although I'm not Euro ... I work a schedule that's more Euro friendly than US friendly. So; 1800 - 2200 GMT is best for me with the exceptions of Mondays (Mouzeing on Avlis); Fridays (Amazon trainings - although that may be altered to reflect a something else on Hala going on?) and Saturdays (no time is good for me on a Saturday).
A.N. Imus: Simon Colin Bernard
Victoria DeVitale: thankya
Victoria DeVitale: I need something shorter
Victoria DeVitale: Sim?
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

5 hour timezone gap Eastern US to Greenwich. As they are on Summer Time they caught up an hour for -4.
kthxbye

Post by kthxbye »

I'd love to participate to some Ysgardian event! 18-22gmt suits me well, too.
My character (Evelynn) is not an Ysgard native, though.
I know the 18-22gmt is usually also a good time for Gurky (character: Glenda) and Kip (character: Frulamin), both from Avlis as well. We all use to take part in the amazons' training sessions. I'll link this topic to them, if offworld characters are allowed to take part.
Gurky

Post by Gurky »

As kthxbye said. =)

However, I'd most likely be late for the Tuesdays sessions if they start 18:00 GMT.
[size=75][url=http://wiki.avlis.org/PCs:Glenda_Blecherofferschnach]Glenda Blecherofferschnach[/url] , planeswalker and [url=http://wiki.avlis.org/Guild:LuminousOrder]LO member[/url].[/size]
Kip Durrin

Post by Kip Durrin »

Yep, 18-22 GMT. New semester coming up in a month, so I can't really say yet if I can make 18 GMT every day, but I'll assume I can.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Thanks for all the input so far, guys! And non-native characters are certainly welcome! :) How does a Wed. at 1800 GMT (2:00 pm my time) sound? If that's a good time, I'll try to come up with an event and/or beg a DM to, and we can set a date later in Sept. or Oct. Thanks!
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

Shannen
Major DM

Post by Shannen »

Rudiki wrote:Thanks for all the input so far, guys! And non-native characters are certainly welcome! :) How does a Wed. at 1800 GMT (2:00 pm my time) sound? If that's a good time, I'll try to come up with an event and/or beg a DM to, and we can set a date later in Sept. or Oct. Thanks!

Ohhhh me likey.
This is the best gametime for me... and I'm almost not sick any more!
Poke me, Rudiki-baby :)
General DM AVAILABILITY - I'm starting to look for trouble... (11/25/18)
albonia

Post by albonia »

Rudiki wrote:Thanks for all the input so far, guys! And non-native characters are certainly welcome! :) How does a Wed. at 1800 GMT (2:00 pm my time) sound? If that's a good time, I'll try to come up with an event and/or beg a DM to, and we can set a date later in Sept. or Oct. Thanks!
Works for me
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
Calzier

Post by Calzier »

Elladin's been an on-off visitor to hala/ysgard for years. Even crashed a DM'd event or two!

Best time for me would be from 20.00GMT while the UK is on summer time; 21.00 GMT otherwise - have children to get to be before then!

I'm not likely to be on before late September now (unless i find time to log in form Japan, and I have no idea what tz that'd be!!)

-Cal.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Japan? Wow; have a blast! :)

MissyFlows
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by MissyFlows »

ohhh i can get my wemic into action then! gladly joining !
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Oh, and in case I didn't make clear, non-European players are definitely welcome, too! :)

Starslayer_D
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Starslayer_D »

18:00 to 22:00 is my usual time I can ber around and be exspected to be awake. Later only possible on weekends.. as end time.. I had to miss the beauty contest as it started at 2:00 am my time (00:00 GMT)
Shannen
Major DM

Post by Shannen »

Alrighty, lets try a leetle something this week ... keep an eye out for IC posting, and I'll do a general invite too.

Wednesday, September 15, 1800 GMT, on the Hala server.

And, for those it matters to, I don't like to go much over 3 hours max.

EVERYONE welcome, bring your rp on!
kthxbye

Post by kthxbye »

GAH! Totally missed this. :( I definitely have to activate mail notifications.
Player of: [url=http://wiki.avlis.org/PCs:Evelynn]Evelynn Rift[/url]
Kanteletar

Post by Kanteletar »

Me too :( had busy week :/
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

There is a part 2. Shannen said "same time next week" which I took as meaning "Wednesday, September 22, 1800 GMT"
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

There's another chance to get involved; it turned out to be a two-parter so the second half is this coming Wednesday, and again, everyone's invited (you don't have to have been to the first part!); same time on the 22nd!

Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

LOL. What he said. *points up to JM's post*

Shannen
Major DM

Post by Shannen »

Ohhhh! I thought it was some sort of warped European sense of humor to say you're available then not show up!

hehe j/k!!! :D

Will love to have you for part 2!

General FYI, after this event I'll be gone for about a month but will be happy to pick up that timeslot again when I get back... You all should still continue playing then, though! Was a nice group!
kthxbye

Post by kthxbye »

Alright, I'm setting a reminder on my cell phone for the 22nd! :D
My character will need to not log in for RP reasons in a while, I don't think I'll need to stop before the 22nd, but if so I'll let you know. :)

Again I'm really sorry for missing the 1st part.. :( I'm really forgetful, and didn't remember of the existence of this topic in time to read of the 1st meeting.

I may log in a bit later than 1800gmt since I usually eat at that time, but I'll definitely join if I can. :)
Player of: [url=http://wiki.avlis.org/PCs:Evelynn]Evelynn Rift[/url]