in case you were wondering...

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

ambrosia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

in case you were wondering...

Post by ambrosia »

I hopped up to answer the door and apparently lost my brain in the process: I set my headset down to the left of my desk on the couch arm instead of to the right of my desk on its stand. I have no idea why I did that... anyway! when I came back into the living room I didn't realize my headset cord was in a precarious place!

I pulled my chair back and YANKED my headset cord which then pulled on the PC, causing an external drive to fall off the top of my PC and onto my power cord; it was 'gaming by Loki' night apperently! >_<

My headset is totally broken, but that can be replaced. Gray swapped out cords with me and I tried to get back in game but something wasn't loading right. Gray took a look at things and got my PC back to a happy place (except for microsfot office which has decided to not like me anymore; Gray will look at that later today.) but by that point an hour had passed and we needed to head to bed as it was a work/school night anway.

Appologies for the chaotic vanishing and not being able to say goodnight or even explain where the heck Bianca went off too.. so here's a THANK YOU for all the fun last night and a RAVE to SIIN for the DELIGHTFUL event - I eagerly look forward to hearing what ELSE happened last night. :D
But I Ain't Got Wings
Major DM

Post by But I Ain't Got Wings »

I have had nights like that.. but its normally beer spilled onto the laptop and panic flipping it over to make sure it does not get INTO the laptop.. then panic making sure that it didnt leak into the screen. Saddly last time it did leaking into a crack at the base of the screen.. and the screen didnt work for a day .. but then it all must have dried up and it worked fine heheh.

anyways.. glad the computer is all happy again and look forward to seeing you IG again.

oh and Microsoft Office ruined my work day the last 2 days in a row.
davicurtistaggart
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

in case...

Post by davicurtistaggart »

and here i thought she had bounded off in pursuit of the wild strawberry! :) glad everything is alright with you and hope to see more of you next time!
Shannen
Major DM

Post by Shannen »

WHY... YOU... LITTLE...

hehe j/k ... I miss you guys!
General DM AVAILABILITY - I'm starting to look for trouble... (11/25/18)
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Amby is messing with her PC and cant get to the Ysgard forum from work
Also, while I am in computer limbo, I am unable to access the ysgard site from work, so can you please let everybody know I'm afk for a bit and that I'll post when I can?
So she is afk for a little
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

*waves*

Though I don't yet have anything installed past the basics, I offically have computerage again! Thought I'd pop in and say hi and keep ya'll posted on the progress. 8)
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Woo-hoo! :D
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

YAY! 8)

*squeezies Amby and tosses happy confetti!*

*also sneaks her special cookies*
davicurtistaggart

in case...

yay!
(looking for opportunity to sneak some of the cookies)
(...and of course the strawberries) :)
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

We had a freaky tornado/hail storm last night which caused some damage (thankfully not major, though my car is a bit bumpy on the outside now. thankfully, that was the worst outside of fallen limbs, etc. Our hail was golf-ball size, but other neighborhoods had up to baseball size, broken windows, etc... crazy stuff!)

Anyway, we're on clean up this weekend and then back to some other home improvement projects we finally have time to tackle (yay!) this next week. Our anniversary is coming up in early June and we're wanting to finish some of them before we take some well needed (and finally have time for!) time off. .. so we're starting to think about where to take a trip. Who knows? Maybe we'll just bug out and go to Florida or something equally crazy. hehehe

Anyway - I'm still afk and will continue to be for awhile. .. consider me on 'board troll' status for now. 8)
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

I hope your projects go well and that you find a nice place for your trip. Characters are missed but glad to have you being a "board-troll".
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

What _JM_ said!

... also.. as for destinations...

Ottawa, Canada's nice this time of year...

*coughs*
*grins innocently* 8)
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

My goodness! It is officially November and I can hardly believe it has already been six months since I went on “board troll” status! I’ve been threatening to take some time to update everybody, so I figure if I didn’t do it –right now- It would be another month!

Life has been a whirwind here … let’s see.. the highlights!

The hail storm totaled our roof which was replaced and then we were promptly dropped by our home owner’s insurance for making the claim (that was nice after 13 years of being customers….) thankfully we picked back up coverage in a relatively short period of time by another insurance company who looked at our record and whet “you’re good customers and you have a new roof.. welcome aboard!”

We’ve been vehicle shopping as both of our autos are 20+ and 10+ years old and both have been driven to the edge of rust, bailwire, and tipping over 200K miles… that’s been surprisingly hard! We have had a heck of a time finding something in better condition than we already own in our price range.

Work has been all consuming, but I think still moving in positive directions. We had two employees take vacation and then return to turn in their two week notice. Their last day was the same and they went to go work together somewhere else, which was fine with us, but of course I inherited their jobs until we re-organize. :roll:

Then a third employee and his wife had a baby (yay! Baby!) and so he was gone literally the week after the other two left so we were short-handed by three people for awhile. (Ironically this all happened two weeks before my scheduled vacation time, so that got canceled and still haven't managed to put that back on the calendar :lol: )

It’s been six weeks and we have yet to find any good candidates. I’m really surprised given the economy and how many people tell me they are looking for work. We’ve had a grand total of only 10 resumes and interviewed 8 people, and … nothing… I even had two people basically tell me if I can’t guarantee they will be able to stay long term during the interview (how could I?) they don’t want the job, because they don’t want to give up unemployment. … yah….

The upside is we were able to make all the internal structural changes we need to put me where I need/want to be inside the company and from a work-flow perspective things are working very nicely! Of course.. we’re short-handed so I’m eager to find somebody (or two!) and get things back off my desk again where they should be.. (can’t wait until I can stop saying that too! LOL)

The MAIN (and very exciting) news is that my dad, Gray, and I have officially started our own company! We pulled all of our operations, people, and technology skills and have combined them together to form our own consulting firm. I know that’s a bit vague, but I’ll post more details when I have more public things to share! .. so there have been many hours spent developing our network, getting things set up and in order, going through our business plan and defining our niche market, etc. etc. We’re very close to a “live” date and I’m really really excited!

We’re also officially finished with everything we needed to fix/repair on the outside of house and have started the internal re-finishing of the inside of the house. We’re on track to make our goal date of being able to have everything in order come spring to put it on the Market. We don’t know where we’re moving to yet, but it is time! A lot depends on how quickly we are able to develop our prospective markets with our new company.

Gosh, I’m already tipping over a page, so I had best quit while I’m ahead. I hope you all are doing well and having a blast!

I miss you all terribly and thank you for putting up with my random posts. :mrgreen:
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

AMBY SIGHTING!!!

*zoomfullspeedtacklesqueeziewithasideofyummycookies!*

Boo for more work, but YAY for all the positive changes! I'm glad things are going well! =)

Miss you too, sister!
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Does sound like you are overworked but in a satisfying good where you know what needs to be done and are making progress. Like swimming against a strong current rather than being dragged down by an undertow. Good luck with your new company and recruiting and your house sale.
davicurtistaggart

in case...

hope everything goes great for you and that we can all get together more often IG,especially since frieda must be packing on the weight,trying to eat enough strawberries to fill a wemic! :) hope to see you soon!
p.s.scrambling to recover any fumbled cookies :)