Re "A New Adventurer's Guild"

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Re "A New Adventurer's Guild"

Post by Rudiki »

Regarding the IC post: "The newly forming adventurers' guild, Mercenaries and Opportunists Slowly Exploring Ysgard, will hold its inaugural meeting this coming Moonday, the Day of Memory."

That's Memorial Day here in the U.S. :) Akai and I came up with this idea because the most fun I've had on dungeon crawls is when i'm with people who really take their time and stop to emote and RP and talk and plan. I know that isn't a lot of peoples' cup of tea (and that's perfectly fine), so I want to make sure that everyone realizes what they're in for if they come. Everyone is welcome, but we'll be moving like molasses. :)

(And many thanks to Druid for coming up with the perfect acronym!)
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

But but but but... I'm only home at 8!! And have to get dinner then! <.<

But I agree, taking our time during a crawl is fun. =) Though I also agree that for some characters, it's very IC to rush in ahead and charge into the mob. ;)
Casters will tell you, though, that time runs by and spells wear out. >.< :D
_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by _JM_ »

Er. Yike?

If it can take four times as long for a trip up from Rockgate Fortress to Bastion with Soleis and Gildan than it did for Jay alone then I do wonder how much slower they can go WITH a warning...
Shannen
Major DM

Post by Shannen »

_JM_ wrote:Er. Yike?

If it can take four times as long for a trip up from Rockgate Fortress to Bastion with Soleis and Gildan than it did for Jay alone then I do wonder how much slower they can go WITH a warning...
LOL

I'm totally in! Not sure who I will bring but yay! Crumping bores the *@%$$#ing HELL out of me but MOSEY-Crumping... now THAT'S a different story! :D
General DM AVAILABILITY - I'm starting to look for trouble... (11/25/18)
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Just to make sure this is clear. This is a completely player organized and ran "guild." It is not sanctioned or sponsored by the Hala Team.

The same alignment rules exist for this as exist for ALL RP situations. Please do not make us lay the smackdown because a Lawful Good Paladin is running around with a Chaotic Evil whatever.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
davicurtistaggart
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

re:new adventurers' guild

Post by davicurtistaggart »

aww,and i was looking forward to playing my 20th level whatever! :) this whole group reminds me of when i was offered membership in the society of procrastinators...i should probably answer them soon!
Moonyju
Minor DM

Re: re:new adventurers' guild

Post by Moonyju »

davicurtistaggart wrote:aww,and i was looking forward to playing my 20th level whatever! :) this whole group reminds me of when i was offered membership in the society of procrastinators...i should probably answer them soon!
Why do today what you can put off 'til tomorrow? ... or next year? =)
bidocks
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by bidocks »

Is there a time and place for this to occur?
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Yep!

viewtopic.php?t=9375

Starts (read: gathering) at 8pm, EDST (0000 GMT). =)
This is this coming Monday, May 30th.