A friend passes.

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Xanthalas
Loremaster

A friend passes.

Post by Xanthalas »

I am saddened to announce that as of but a few hours ago from the time of this post. On the day of Feb 1st. 2007. My animal companion, and my oldest friend, save his mother, who also was by my side. Has passed on. It was no suprise, as he was very old, by any standard if you ask me.

Regardless of faith, or beliefs. I hope all willing will pay respect to the essence of the friendship I had with 'Heavy'. Regardless of the truth of what, or whom, he may have been. I loved him.

Some of you had seen previous pictures of him, and felt it necessary to share this. And outside of that. I hope many will pray for him. A truer friend one could never ask for, accepted me wholeheartedly, loved unconditionally. And always welcomed me with as much ferverence as the day he was born. A simple thing to remember, to accept. Something so simple taught by our animal friends, so easily forgotten. And in remembering him. I hope you all will reach to those friends who have passed. Family, Friends, Soldiers, Heroes. Imperfect, they still gave willingly. And the sacrifices made. I hope none mourn for my fallen friend. But instead, take the time to smile to a living hero nearby. Be it a brother, a friend. or perhaps the greatest heroes of all, A Mother. Heavy lived his every day as such. And perhaps we all could learn from this.

Rest In Peace Heavy.

<<<<1989-2007>>>>
Last edited by Xanthalas on Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
ApproachingWinter
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by ApproachingWinter »

I'm sorry to hear about this mate, I know you love(d) that dog a great deal and how much he means to you. He couldn't have asked for a more loving master and friend. I'll be praying for you.
“Divine being creates petting zoo. It gets out of hand.”
- The Bible (summarised by John W. Mangrum)

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
Edgar Allan Poe (1809 - 1849), "Eleonora"

Characters: Kal Shadowhand, Streea Arisa.
Meredia
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Meredia »

I know what it means to lose something that others might summarily dismiss as nothing more than a "pet." When you spend so much time getting to know, being comforted, and getting close to such a creature, they easily become more than that. Heavy had a happy life with you, and this is all that truly matters.

Rest in peace, Heavy. And may his memory always bring you a smile.
albonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by albonia »

A dog becomes much more than a "pet" if he has lived with you and become a part of your life for many years. I know how it is to loose a dog who has been part of your life for so long

Comfort yourself that Heavy had a good life. And try and think of the good times you had with him.
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

:cry:
ChukchiDog
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by ChukchiDog »

I have been where you are, several times. Before I lost my first dog, I worried that the pain would be so great when I did that I would not be able to continue to share my life with dogs, and so when I finally faced my first loss my grief was relieved by the knowledge that I could survive, and therefore I would never have to be without animals in my life.

The ancient bond between man and dog is to me sacred, and I find few things as satisfying as celebrating that bond by working closely with a beloved canine friend (or several). Those who have loved a dog as you have are fortunate, fortunate people. They understand things that many are losing in the ever-increasing trend of detachment from the natural world.

Dogs (and cats and other pets) embroider our lives, and the years of joy they give are well worth the pain when they leave us. When some people say "it's just a dog", remember that there are many of us who know better. If you have a favourite story or ten about Heavy I'd love to hear 'em.

H.J. (Gildan)

Remembering with honor:

Ch. Mata Hari of Blackwatch ("Mata")
Blackwatch's Keno Khan ("Keno")
Tafdan's Flashdancer ("Dancer")
Fox Aknot's Aragorn the Ranger CGC ("Strider")
Fox Aknot's Youbetcha CGC ("Bets")
Tafdan's Hokkano Baro ("Joker")
And Pirate Jenny, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. (the token cat)
Dengar
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Dengar »

Rest in Peace Heavy :cry:
Why do they call him Boris the bullet dodger?

Because he dodges bulltes Avi!
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

Well, to share a few tales. Heavy, was the son of my first dog, PeeWee, (Also dead. She died 4, years ago, at the age of 20) They had alot of similiar qualities. They loved to play like any dog. But had the curious fascination for my music. Sitting on my lap when posible, or just near otherwise, whenever I played my guitar. Sometimes they would even sing along. :D They favoured me and my father, to a noticable extent. It became hard to care for them unless my father or I was present. Inclluding a jealousy, that would arise, By barking. Should My father and I be hugging someone. Hah!.

But Most memorable, was how they listened. Yes, they heard me yarn on and on about life. But I don't mean that. They had uncanny ears and senses.. Even to his last months. Heavy would come bounding to the door or fenceline when I went home to visit, (He was not staying with me, My current situation doesn't afford for pets.) Even if I was in an unfamiliar car, he actually had spoiled a suprise visit for me at one point, When I was on my motorcycle, which I had yet to drive to my parents house at the point. And there he was, yapping happily at the fence, while i was still blocks away. When I pulled up to the house. Hoping to make an incognito appearance. There they were, Dog in his arms. My Father, and my Mother. I swear, the dogs stuck their tongue out at me that day! :D
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
Lord Droke
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Lord Droke »

I feel for you brother. I've lost quite a few dogs even had to put one down before his time due to a temperament problem (not a bad dog just had issues). That sucked I'll tell ya I'll take a drink for Heavy tonight and all the beloved pets who have not been able to stay by our sides. :(
"Professional assasination is the highest form of public service" - Chiun, Master of Sinanju
Dengar
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Dengar »

Here here Droke... A toast to a beloved friend! *Bee and Sarah drink some rum for Heavy, and all the other pets taken before, or in, their time*
Why do they call him Boris the bullet dodger?

Because he dodges bulltes Avi!
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

A Dog's Prayer

by Beth Norman Harris

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of mine.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. Though you had no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshipper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest -- and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.