Pregnancy and babies

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Pregnancy and babies

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

What is the current ruling on players having babies together?

As well, the possibility of retiring one character and playing as the child?
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Drakuul
Veteran DM

Post by Drakuul »

Same as the rulings before.

Pregnant character doesn't get to fight or do anything really during pregnancy, then you have to have a house and also RP the upraising of the child (Ie one or both characters does NOTHING for around 2 RL years except be in the house with the child)

If you then (after 2 RL years) want to retire one char and play the offspring fine.

Pregnancy essentially means perma death for one or both characters.
I think, therefore I am right. QED.
T'Holoth Shadowborn

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

So the 2 years RL represents the elapsed time in the game?
I'd imagine 9 months pregnancy and then 18 years upraising?
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Drakuul
Veteran DM

Post by Drakuul »

Yep
I think, therefore I am right. QED.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Look, this is not up for debate. These are the rules of it. If you don't like them, don't go down that road.

I could be a hardnose about it and just say no pregnancies what-so-ever, but I like to be a bit more lenient.

It's not always about realism.

Hell, with the way CoPaP is and the way a LOT of female characters are played. If I went random with it, then dang near every female character in CoPaP would be pregnant.

These are the rules for Pregnancies that were set down on Hala before I became the head DM. I personally like them, if you don't... sorry, don't know what to tell you.

As far as the house vs Inn room deal, that can be dealt with on a case by case basis.

The point is.. I don't want a bunch of people running around going "I want to be pregnant" and then when I let that happen, they decided they don't like it and "give up the child". I don't work that way.

It's not often that I take a hardnosed stance like this... but in this instance, on this topic, i'm going to.

These are the rules, if you don't like them... as they say in the Marine Corps, Suck it up.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
LadyPhoenix77
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

Ok, seems everyone wants to turn the rest of this thread to crap so with that being said, what Drakuul and Arkon said is final word, end of discussion.
NWDuneAuron

Post by NWDuneAuron »

There are two ways this section of the forum works, and two ways only:

1, a team member posts a ruling that has been agreed on by the team, it is the team stance and you don't argue or discuss it here.

2, a player posts a rules question, the team agree an answer or post the answer from the team policy. It is the team stance, and you don't argue or discuss it here.

See a pattern? Locked.
Trinity
Veteran DM

Post by Trinity »

*bump*