Avlis Portal?

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Avlis Portal?

Post by _JM_ »

So there Jay is having done some more gem polishing, perhaps a little metagamy as I realised Ysgard might have been reset so the vein was back, and I see the new airship destination. I find that one transition has the message "you see no way back" and then I see a "warning, this is a one way door" so although Jay has his cleric rod to teleport back from most places I go into something else...and I get a server transition...and Jay finds himself on Avlis?

Of course that would have been a happier homecoming if the first thing (after Nastr0nd saying hello) hadn't been (DM) Gorethar saying he wanted to reboot Deglos and everyone log out or he will kill them...

Now to have a game of "guess the world" as I tried running Jay back into the portal and got a slew of "...hold on" messages and then NWN went to the end credit animation. Pretty sure that meant Jay is still in a basement.

EDIT : Or that logging into Deglos says "you should be on Ysgard" and logging into Ysgard says "you should be on Deglos"
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Many thanks to Nast0nd for her aid and patience in helping the mess I made by trying to portal back rather than just logging out.
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

And a few more many thanks. Fortunately Avlis has a system whereby a small amount of XP is given each day and considering how long Jay had been on Hala that small amount a day had become noticable (belatedly I saw a 5 had become a 9) even with his total XP. Therefore I know the more up to date Jay is on Deglos (so I was right he hadn't transitioned from there) so as much as I want to finish exploring where Jay had been (hence the trying to portal back) he'll have to jog through Dwarven tunnels first. :p
solitude_peace
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by solitude_peace »

Can it be true? Is the portal open?
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

yep. 8)