tieflings casting darkness?

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

makeshiftwings
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

tieflings casting darkness?

Post by makeshiftwings »

The Darkness ability is listed for tieflings on the website... are they supposed to get it, or has that been removed? My tiefling can't cast Darkness.
Crystalactite
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Crystalactite »

Mine neither. I don't think any of the races actually get their abilities tho.
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

We used to have them. AAsimar/Tiefling Light/Darkness but something broke with some autobic or creater or something that i have no clue about and we haven't been able to cast out inate abilities for a while now.
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
NWDuneAuron

Post by NWDuneAuron »

An update to Bioware's anti-cheater code broke all special abilities like this. I'll bring up a fix I have planned with Arkon.
makeshiftwings

Post by makeshiftwings »

I've seen some worlds that just give tieflings/aasimars a no-drop, lore item that casts the spell once per day. Not exactly elegant, but it would get around the anti-cheater code.
slave_of_emotions
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by slave_of_emotions »

makeshiftwings wrote:I've seen some worlds that just give tieflings/aasimars a no-drop, lore item that casts the spell once per day. Not exactly elegant, but it would get around the anti-cheater code.
And it takes 2 rounds to use that item and does not work in lag at all...
[url=http://www.dynasig.net/?id=2052][img]http://serve.dynasig.net/2052.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://photobucket.com/albums/a296/6_loverboy_9/NWN/]screenshots[/url][url=http://slaveofemotions.sl.funpic.de/mx/index.php?page=4&smartor_mode=album_cat&cat_id=1]and more[/url]
NWDuneAuron

Post by NWDuneAuron »

slave_of_emotions wrote:
makeshiftwings wrote:I've seen some worlds that just give tieflings/aasimars a no-drop, lore item that casts the spell once per day. Not exactly elegant, but it would get around the anti-cheater code.
It's also the best you're going to get.
Kat J

Post by Kat J »

slave_of_emotions wrote:
If you hotkey it, it will only take 1 round, just like any ability or spell...
makeshiftwings

Post by makeshiftwings »

Kat J wrote:
slave_of_emotions wrote:
If you hotkey it, it will only take 1 round, just like any ability or spell...
Yeah, I never noticed it taking two rounds. It worked the same as any other wand or item.
Crystalactite

Post by Crystalactite »

It doesn't take two rounds.
It does work in lag.
warbosspeter1

Post by warbosspeter1 »

Can you make something like that for the Deep Gnomes to?
Cause Blindness (1/day), Blur (displacement 1/day), Change Self (Eagle's Splendor 1/day) Nondetection.
NWDuneAuron

Post by NWDuneAuron »

I will be making the tokens for all subrace abilities tonight. You should have them in a day or two.
Crystalactite

Post by Crystalactite »

I'm surprised Svirfs don't get nondetection already, seeing as it should be part of the scrying scripts...

I feel really sorry for Svirfs. They lose a feat and a stat point from the ECL, get stat points that start at -6 of the norm, get fairly second rate specials (blind, blur, +3ish cha, scrying protection) and get a few AC and saving throw bonuses to make up for it. Still, nobody ever said anything about fairness.

Doc, do you get spell resistance? I think you should but it doesn't list it here
warbosspeter1

Post by warbosspeter1 »

Spell resistince yes.. but only after i log on.. if i rest it is gone. if i die it is gone.. etc
One thing how will the nondetection work?

Thanks NWDuneAuron
Crystalactite

Post by Crystalactite »

Druids can scry on people. I've no idea how this works since I've not got a Hala druid.

Druids can't scry on you.
warbosspeter1

Post by warbosspeter1 »

*wonders what ya meen with scry* and shouldn't it blank out True seeing and other magical spells that enhance spot to?
NWDuneAuron

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Not entirely sure what to do with nondetection. Yes, it should protect from scrying... beyond that...
Kat J

Post by Kat J »

Non-detection as per 2nd Ed meant that if you were invisible (magically) you still couldn't be seen by any spell that would normally reveal you (True Seeing, See Invisibility, etc) but ND and Invis could still be dispelled.
warbosspeter1

Post by warbosspeter1 »

Kat J wrote:Non-detection as per 2nd Ed meant that if you were invisible (magically) you still couldn't be seen by any spell that would normally reveal you (True Seeing, See Invisibility, etc) but ND and Invis could still be dispelled.
Also when hidden... not only invisible.
Kat J wrote:but ND and Invis could still be dispelled.
hmm... with Deep Gnome it isn't a spell it is something they have when they are born so.. so it wouldn't be able to be dispelled.
Kat J

Post by Kat J »

warbosspeter1 wrote:
Kat J wrote:Non-detection as per 2nd Ed meant that if you were invisible (magically) you still couldn't be seen by any spell that would normally reveal you (True Seeing, See Invisibility, etc) but ND and Invis could still be dispelled.
hmm... with Deep Gnome it isn't a spell it is something they have when they are born so.. so it wouldn't be able to be dispelled.
Non-detection isn't in NWN, and rightfully so considering it would mean anyone with 1 point in Hide or the invisibility spell could never be seen by anyone else ever, which is plain silly.
warbosspeter1

Post by warbosspeter1 »

Kat J wrote:
warbosspeter1 wrote:
Non-detection isn't in NWN, and rightfully so considering it would mean anyone with 1 point in Hide or the invisibility spell could never be seen by anyone else ever, which is plain silly.
no first it is only for magic... meens that if you have 20 points in spot you will throw a d20 plus the 20 pts you have in spot is let's say 36. I have 30 pts in hide.. i throw a d20 to and i trow a 5. 30+5 is 35. you see me.

Now if you cast Clairaudience/Clairvoyance you would get +10 to youre spot and listen checks.. so you will have 46 in spot instead of 36.
Now i have nondetection and the 10 points you will not get so while for others that don't have nondetection you have 46 for me you will have 36 pts in spot.

As for the invis... yes that is true nobody will be able to see you when you are invis. But for normaly it is a spell and only lasts so long. With Deep Gnome you do give three lvl's up for it and you will have it always...

I would say to keep it balanced only do nondetection on the Deep Gnomes for hiding and not for invis. So that way you will still be able to see him if youre spot/listen is high enough.
Crystalactite

Post by Crystalactite »

I don't think it's possible to implement. It'll just end up scrying protection I reckon.

You could use a script that asks if a svirfneblin is invisible or hidden and give them sancturary, which allows itself to be beaten by those percieving the svirfneblin (you'd have to get the script to check spot and listen instead of percieving though, because under sancturary you should be impossible to percieve). It'd be hard to script tho...
warbosspeter1

Post by warbosspeter1 »

I do not see much use for it if it is only to stop scrying...
What does scrying do and can you even do it without a dm?
Anniko
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Anniko »

Scrying is one of many non-combat spells on Hala

It allows you to see anyone and what they're doing without them seeing you
Basically farsight
And you can do it without a DM present, just like teleporting, making your alignment undetectable
Ammenti Ril
Celestial Order, Phoenix Guards, Plane of Ysgard
warbosspeter1

Post by warbosspeter1 »

Is there a list somewhere of these non combat spells?
I wonder if my ranger/sd can do something like that.