Yule belt unmerged by clicking on character

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Starslayer_D
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Yule belt unmerged by clicking on character

Post by Starslayer_D »

I had the Yule belt of protection merged with a belt allowing me to cast Bulls and having +2 str. By accident I used wrong power, not bulls but the merge on myself. The belt promptly unmerged, vanishing the + str and bulls part.
Starslayer_D

Post by Starslayer_D »

Correction.. +1 Str and casts Bulls 1/day. Likely was from book quest on Ysgard.
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Unfortunatly, that isnt a bug and is working 'as intended'. If you unmerge the belt (which is what you accidentaly did) then the old belt is lost and the Yule belt remians, ready to be merged onto a new belt.

We can proabbly fix this for you, but need to know what belt it used to be. Im not familiar with any Ysgard belts that cast bulls 1/day and are +1 STR
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Starslayer_D

Post by Starslayer_D »

Unfortunately I can't check it on Avlis as the char is dominated upon login there and the belt is in a bag. :(

It was the gnoll hide belt from nightfang :(. +1 Str and cast Bulls (10) 1/day
Starslayer_D

Post by Starslayer_D »

Ok, working as intended but a very steep price for a misclick. Could the unmelding process at least throw out a 'do you really want to proceed, yes/no prompt out there before doing something like this?
mhogar
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by mhogar »

something for the wishlist, which is a bit long :-(
Brayon
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Brayon »

From the Arkaz Team, and permission to post from LostCause.

For the past 2 years, the Arkaz Yule gifts do not unmerge. This was by design. We've posted about that as well, as seen in the following posts. With the code integration from Hala and Arkaz going on, the Arkaz Merging scripts were added here, and Hala's was added to our world, in order to make our systems compatible.

With that in mind, this is not a bug.

If Hala chooses to replace the item, its entirely up to them, but Arkaz would not.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience of this issue. Also, as a forewarning, if things don't change between now and Yule 2015, this years items will also not have the unmerge ability.

If the Yule item completely disappears, please let us know, as that is a bug. Not just the properties of the Item, but the full item itself.

Brayon
CoPaP Ambassador for Arkaz

Subject: Yule time excitement in the castle courtyard
Zandel2 wrote:
Quote:
Queen Vilmawen Diretholyan is seen overseeing Yule decorations in the courtyard of the Castle in Shal'Tirr'em. Retainers bring a number of gift boxes out for her and the whole town seems to get excited at the prospect

((OOC: The Yule quest is in, the rewards are mergable, but not unmergable. If you merge something, it will be permanently merged unless you merge over it which will result in you loosing the original Item.))

((Posted as DM Varm))

Subject: Yule Gifts and the Merge Ability
Brayon wrote:
As an FYI. Unlike other Merge items on Arkaz, the Yule items were designed not to unmerge once you merge an item with it. So, once you merge something, its gone forever.

However, there is a trade off. It doesn't cost anything to merge the Yule Gifts with an Item. Smile

No Gold Cost, but you don't get the item back.